mc68k's scripts fully compatible with Panther?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by ianimate3d, Oct 26, 2003.

1. ianimate3d macrumors member

I have just performed a clean install of Panther on my DP MDD 867. The scripts were working great up until now. After install it appears that both processors are folding (based on cpu usage), however I have lost the functionality of running the stop, start, work, rid commands from the terminal. This causes a slight issue because I prefer to stop the processes when I play a game and start them back when finished. I have attempted to reboot and reinstall several times with no luck. Is anyone else that is using Panther having this issue? Am I missing something?

2. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

While on the script topic, could you add a pause command? When I play warcraft 3 I like to turn off folding to get some extra FPS, but sometimes I can lose over an hour of work by just typing stop.

3. ianimate3d thread starter macrumors member

Thanks?, but this has nothing to do with my issue... Am I the only person having this issue with the scripts in panther? I did a clean install so it can't be an upgrade related conflict.

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

This is probably due to the fact that Panther uses a different shell than Jaguar did.

I'm sure mc68k will fix this up soon, and take a look at pause command feasibility.

5. ianimate3d thread starter macrumors member

Bash is the culprit. I just noticed Panther was using Bash now instead of tcsh. So a quick trip into the netinfo manager to change my shell from /bin/bash to /bin/tcsh and now the commands work! so it's a good fix for the time being in case anyone else is wondering as well... From netinfo go to users, then your user name, click lock and enter an admin password. This should allow you to edit the shell.

6. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

this has been an issue throughout the seed builds

every time i clean installed the user shell would default to bash ???

alias is not a bash command, so unless there is something analagous, then there's not much i can say other than change ur shell. nothing has been tested in bash, so all bets are off.

i will look into the pause command