McCain Comes to Kerry's Defense on National Security

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 18, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

what a thoroughly decent thing to do

also of interest

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

mccain is a very respectable man, with whom i disagree on some issues...

but him vs many dems and i'd vote for him so that we'd get some good campaign finance reform... ideally opening up future elections to more "voices and choices". :)

3. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

Anyone else ever have the feeling that, of all the people to recently run for president with potential of winning (sorry, Dennis), McCain is the guy MOST like Ralph Nader?

I always knew he was an upright politician, and would really give anything to have a guy like that in office right now.

Davis

4. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

http://www.recallmccain.org/

Just came across this - it's a site run by conservatives wishing to drive McCain out of office because of his liberal position on many issues from gun control, to campaign finance, to health care, etc.

From the site:
    Their biggest concern with McCain is his co-sponsorship with Kennedy (the poster-child liberal) on the Patient's Bill of Rights, his co-sponsorship with Lieberman on the Gun-Show loophole and Global Warming legislation, and his co-sponsorship with Fiegngold on Campaign Finance Reform.

Just thought it was interesting relative to the debate that was going on in that other thread about McCain being "ulta-conservative".

Davis

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And as I noted back in that thread, McCain is relatively moderate, which places him out of step with his own party. If he's been made out to be a bad guy, it's because his party-mates dislike him, not the media.

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

maybe that's why i would vote mccain almost before i'd vote kerry... (would need to do more research)... i think that the single issue that i could come closest to being a single issue voter on (in general i think single issue voting is fairly ignorant) is campaign finance reform... why? because it opens up the future elections, where i could see getting more voices and choices and therefore, better elected officials.....

dare to dream