McCain criticizes Bill Clinton on North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Oct 10, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15210254/
    I thought he was a logical person.
    John Kerry responded:

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

What? Both administrations are failures regarding NK.

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

to NK
    1. u can't invade it
    2. then what u gonna do?
    obviously, talk and negotiate.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The Clinton administration's approach to North Korea wasn't exactly a smashing success, but lest we forget, their nuclear programs were monitored until 2001. We're seeing the results of "axis of evil" and the war in Iraq. North Korea is reaching the crisis point five years into the Bush watch. It's way too late to blame Clinton. That excuse is getting very long in the tooth.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So this is the latest republicrap tactic? Blame the guys before you?

November 7th can't get here soon enough

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush & his draft dodgers havent talked to N.K.and its goosesteppers so it just easier to say the guy before is to blame. Does Bush and the republicans take any responsibility for not talking? No way, they arent responsible for anything and even the Foley case is trying to be spun that its Bills or the democrats fault, talk about spin. McCain should climb out of Bushes a.. for a moment of some fresh air. 6 years and Bush has done nothing, zero,zilch. At least Clinton was talking and trying Bush wont even talk. How can you make progress that way? Iran is the same story im sure they will be blaming my mother or somebody for that.

7. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

What would you consider sucess? North Korea renouncing communism and dancing around to the star spangled banner?

Clinton's solution wasnt perfect but it wasnt failure. Bush's solution to not pay attention untill they have the nuke is a failure.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And he's doing the same thing in Iran. Again nothing,again not talking. that solves nothing but if you have a agenda allready like he did in Iraq then talking is the last thing he wants to do.

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Wow. They made a joke about blaming Clinton about the NK situation on the Daily Show the other night. I didn't fully believe they actually would.

The current administration has done nothing but put blame on other people recently. Ugh.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

One was much less of a failure than the other. Unfortunately people who don't understand the difference between uranium bombmaking and plutonium bombmaking are often suckered into believing that one is as dangerous to our security as the other.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This current administration still wont say what we attacked Iraq for.....................might as well pick and choose they have used so many excuses, Bin Laden = Saddam,WMDs,Fight them there not here, bad intelligence, CIA's fault,Bill Clintons fault. see a pattern?

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

13. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Exactly, because as the neo-con that I am, success is only met when people bow down to Almighty America and sing the spangled banner denouncing communism. :rolleyes:

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

His point is, would you consider cessation of open pursuit of nuclear weapons to be a victory? Or is the only victory total?

And you didn't answer the question at all, you just gave a snide response. You can do better than that.

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

Dunno what else I can add besides the fact that McCain is the single biggest disappointment in our government, IMO. I used to have a great deal of respect for the man, but it seems as if he's sold his soul to Satan. It's a ****ing shame.

16. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Creating an end to the open pursuit of nuclear arms would be a partial victory. They still have starving millions. They still have Kim in power.

What would I consider success? A successful turnaround for NK would be Kim stepping down, the removal of the DMZ (remove land-mines ect), a free market (had to say it), and a leader elected by the North Korean people. And yes, food for the people. In no way does success mean NK has to love America and chant the Star Spangled Banner.

How do we accomplish this? Well if NK was stupid enough to lob a missile over Japan, America attacks.

China can bring change peacefully. They are pulling all the strings here and the US leadership needs to bring pressure to China to do so.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Does your mother speak Farsi? :confused:

18. Queso macrumors G4

Exactly. Nothing bulges the Bush family coffers like a good war.

Laughing all the way to the bank.