McCain Stumbles on H.I.V. Prevention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 17, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Oh wow, what a mess.

Sounds like he is caught between saying what he really knows to be true and saying what republicans want to hear.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Has he been living under a rock for the past 20 years?

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I think he stumbled rather terribly there. I suppose it's a good thing he's not leading in the polls.

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Unfortunately I don't think that it is.:eek:

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So that just proves he takes positions based on what can get him ahead on the polls, not what he truly thinks, because if he had a real opinion on HIV, he'd know it.

"Straight talk" my ass.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He's an idiot. To think I used to believe he was a renegade Republican. He's just another power-hungry politician who'll say anything to get elected. Unfortunately, he's not paying attention to what he should be saying.

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

No, Mr. McCain, you've obviously been transferred off the Straight Talk Express to one of the Beltway BS lines.

10. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Both McCain and Kyl are embarassments to Arizona. Terrible. Both need to be gone as soon as possible.

11. toontra macrumors 6502

Everything I've heard about this guy in the last few months leads me to believe his is an a**hole of the first order. Surely he can't expect to get any votes in a serious election?

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He's pandering to the 'wingers, the corporatists and the religious extremists. You can't get elected as a Republican without kissing their asses first.

Unfortunately for him, none of them trust him.

13. toontra macrumors 6502

Ah yes, the system that produces such winners as GWB. I think the system may be broken.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you told me a couple of years ago that I'd be more likely to vote for Hillary or some young inexperienced guy no one had even heard of until recently over McCain or even Rudy I would have laughed in your face. He has seriously let us down lately, and all he's doing is pissing off the moderates. The fundies would never vote for him, but he actually had a chance in '00 before the people he's now sucking up too ruined it with the same tactics he's now using.

Since the country is moving further and further away from Bush and that whole philosophy, you'd think he would have just stuck to the moderate thing. Even the fundies are jumping ship, and looking at recent polls and elections, people don't want someone like GW. But at least we learned now instead of the hard way like with did with GW. Compassionate conservative is about as meaningless as Straight Talk Express.

15. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Remember, the people voting will be the same people that elected Bush, twice.