McClellan Out As Press Secretary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Apr 19, 2006.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

This could get interesting. If he was pushed to resign and holds any resentment, he could be a dangerous man to the administration.

I was just reading the MSN article on this and found the scariest thing I have read in a long time...

Imagine what's ahead if these were/are the "good old days." :eek:

link

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    he lasted longer than i thought he would...how tough a job it must be to knowingly lie every single day.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Takes a special kind of class and integrity.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm happy to see that he's gone, he had a terrible job, and obviously very little compunction about lying to / misleading the press on a daily basis. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. Also, I'm looking forward to his tell-all book :p

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Karl Rove losing power as well?

It appears that Karl Rove is also relinquishing his policy power in the White House, according to CNN:

Of course, Rove will still do what he does best, which is play dirty election tricks, so all is not well.

6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    "Hey Scott, remember when you had to lie about the CIA leak because Ari wimped out? Man, that was fun. Or howsabout the time I took a big piss on the Constitution and left you swinging in the wind to defend me and my spying program. Too bad you left right before I nuked Iran....that was exciting stuff. Damn, those were good times..."

7. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Yeah, I'd probably decline the "honor" of becoming press secretary.

They can't possibly blame Scotty for doing a poor job, though. I mean, they were having him tell the press core that the sky isn't blue for three years. (Nevermind that the press core let him) How can they expect him to remain on top of his game when they give him that kind of assignment?

8. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Cut him some slack on that one. With the current pollution standards the sky really is more of an ash-grey than it is blue now-a-days. :)

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I was thinking the same thing only they call it spin, spin everything. what a sorry administration its just sad that none of these guys going are taking the president and vp with them.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

McClellan had a hand in the Plame outing and will be indicted.

I presume the resignation is to stay one step ahead of the subpoena list and avoid the unpleasant sting of seeing active administration officials doing the perp walk on front pages across America.

This affirms also that Rove is virtually irreplaceable to Bush. Bush is praying that a Rove indictment comes down after the elections so he can issue a pardon and keep him working and damn the torpedoes.

11. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Well now, spinning and lying *are* two different things. It's just that this administration has enganged in more lying then spinning and tried to say that one is the other.

Lying would be saying "the sky is blue" (reference atszyman above). Spinning would be saying "the added particulate pollution is lowering skin cancer rates due to lessened exposure to sunlight". :D

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'm almost on the verge of being slightly tempted to feel sorry for McClellan... but not really :).

e

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The Rove move isn't good for Democrats, because it focuses him right back on the role of Machiavellian political strategist.

OTOH, McClelland will be really, really hard for them to replace. Where are they gonna find another guy who can keep all those lies, alibis and alternate realities straight in his head? There's gotta be thousands of them by now!

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hmm. Here's something from AAR's front page. This is Sidney Blumenthal being quoted re: Scott McClelland:

I like that. Accurate and eloquent. :)

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

FOX NEWS!

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's like a deer in the headlights. Only the deer is evil. And a liar.

Hey, he knew what he was getting himself into. Look at Ari. Looking forward to him being on the Daily Show too.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Don't laugh -- Tony Snow is one of the guys on their short list to replace McClellan.

Incidentally...heard this on TV last night:

:p

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

"texas" is also bush's name for the middle east once it's been nuked and turned into a great big ocean of oil (or a parking lot)

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Interesting thought.

If we outsource all of our jobs to India, they will need plenty of parking....:)

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He was doing that anyway. Policy was just a tool to punish the opposition party to Rove.

These guys never figured out the difference between campaigning and governing.