Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
superbovine said:
well sometimes i just order supersized fries and a drink for a snack. i guess i am stuck with large fries. remember when they introduced supersizing?
Was it late 80's or early nineties? As I recall, it began as a summer promotion. I think they actually called it Summer Size. I think they did it a couple of years in a row, and then just kept it permanently. And, I think at one point, the super size drinks actually got bigger, and the old super size became the new large. Sickening.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
TimDaddy said:
Was it late 80's or early nineties? As I recall, it began as a summer promotion. I think they actually called it Summer Size. I think they did it a couple of years in a row, and then just kept it permanently. And, I think at one point, the super size drinks actually got bigger, and the old super size became the new large. Sickening.

summer size? hmm i don't remember that, but it would seem to make sense. i happen to live by a mcdonalds that was a test bed of sorts. they got all the special deals and new food items first to try out to see if they sold, so maybe that why i don't remember summer sized. either way i was high school and probably lost of frew brain cells during that time.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
TimDaddy said:
Yes the old Super Size became the larges, and a slightly bigger Super Size showed up.

Which is why the loss of the Super Size is no real loss, basically a PR move and not anything that'll really impact somebody's diet.

Even the news organizations are starting to pick up on the fact that a Super Size fry is almost the same size as the Large.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
this thread is reminding me of this book i just read, "red meat cures cancer".
its a great black comedy type book about this fast food exec who needs to raise his companies failing marketshare...his company is a fringe fast food chain whos specialty is deep fried burger patties with cajun mayo layered in between...
anyhow, its a great great book, and its all about greasy food.
perfect accompaniment to this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.