McDonald's to Launch Adult Happy Meals

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by applemacdude, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Adult Happy Meals.. Does that include adult novelties in these meals? The McDebbie.... I could see it. They are desperate to get sales up. :D

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The "Adult Happy Meal" sounds great to me. I have for a long time been a salad person. That type of meal wouldentice me to visit McDonalds!

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Smaller portion options would be nice, but the small meal just happens to be a happy meal -- and that Hello Kitty Happy Meal box and toy is just soo degrading.

Bring back the 1.99 Manager's Special (aka Double Cheese, Happy-meal-sized fry, and small drink) that died when they added the $1 Menu ...

Even though it's not as "good a deal" as the lard ass special -- Super Biggie Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal.

Only thing that can make that 2xQuarter Pounder Meal any healthier is the addition of chili on the burger, cheese fries, and a vat of milkshake mix.

Mmmm...

As McDiners fall into a Homer Simpson-like fat induced coma.

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Its like the Nostalga meal from the Simpsons Krusty Burger.
    Granpada: Whoa I got a liberachi(I can't spell this) action figure!

5. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

They have the right idea about offerring healthier alternatives to their high calorie/high carbohydrate meals, but who goes to Micky D's to eat healthy. I drive about 250 miles a day for my job, so I am very familiar with drive-thru fast food. Have you ever tried to eat a salad and drive at the same time?

6. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I usually eat heathy foods that I've brought to work for lunch. But, there are times when I don't having anything (or time to fix) and I have to eat out and I want something fast. Subs are usually the healthiest (if chosen wisely) but I get tired of them.

(Disclaimer: my wife and I love to cook and I'm a food snob. We fix diners that take a long time to make, are healthy and delicious. Our friends think it is bizarre the time we spent preparing meals, but they sure like to come over for diner.)

Try this for a shock. Eat healthy, tasty foods that you prepare yourself for a month. Then eat a Whopper or Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese and fries. You'll be shocked at how 'fatty' they taste.

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

yeah i hate that fatty, greasy feeling you get in your mouth after you eat something like that. i was just making some fries the other day (the ones you buy frozen) and they were nice and crispy, but way too much of a fatty aftertaste. you've just got to make sure that you have a salad with a high vinegar content to cut through all the fat. :p

i also like to take lots of time to make good food. you can get so much better food if you just spend a bit more of your time making it, than you can if you buy fast food.

8. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

9. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Stick that in your booklet and eat it!

According to the article an Adult Happy meal would consist of a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer. Call me naive if you will but I think that the booklet and pedometer should be given with the Big Mac meals because the people who eat that need the exercise more than the salad eaters.

10. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Stick that in your booklet and eat it!

haha. that's so true...

not that they'd do anything with them. maybe they'd just think they were food and eat em. ;)

12. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

something that fooled me. i though it was a better thing than a salad and a pedometer. oh well. this is just to get pople of thier cases i guess.

13. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Now THAT was funny. :D

14. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

I love McDonald's. People don't eat there because it's healthy. I eat there because it's fast, cheap, and tastes good. If they want to make new products more power to them. Heck i'd buy that adult happy meal with the salad and pedometer and booklet.

15. Macco macrumors regular

Re: McDonald's to Launch Adult Happy Meals

Yeah...

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There have been more articles saying more people are saying No to "Would you like fries with that?"

But it'll bet hard to say that when...
    Yay :rolleyes:

Healthier school menus. :p

17. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

I believe the McGriddle is specifically mentioned in Revelations a weapon of the antichrist.

18. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

if the mcgriddle is the weapon of the antichrist, what is a triple cheeseburger?????

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

instant cardiac arrest? :eek: