1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

MCE anybody buy from them??? Looking to get an iBook w/SuperDrive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bgotori, Feb 26, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey All

I was wondering if anybody out there has done any business with them. I'm looking to buy an iBook with a SuperDrive. I've E-mailed them three times but No Response... So...

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net

2. macrumors member

MCE is great. I've never bought a CPU from them, but I buy all my portable supplies (HD, memory, drives, etc etc) from them. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Great service.

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 68040

jxyama

Re: superdrive?

MCE sells "upgrades" to swap the combo drive in the iBook with a SuperDrive.

5. macrumors 603

solvs

6. macrumors 6502

I bought a hard drive from them for my pb and it works great. Also the prices are pretty good.

7. macrumors newbie

Hey solvs

Thanks for that WebSite!!!

Well, I send my fourth and FINAL E-mail to them... Funny a WebSite Company that DOESN'T ANSWER SALE's Emails... I'll be out of town for a few days, but will have Web access with my Sharp SL-5000(Linux PDA)at StarBucks. Will see... I'm HOPEING!!!

The Apple IBook doesn't come with a SuperDrive, MCE does this. There having a SALE on the iBook w/SuperDrive, thats why I'm looking to get this from them.

Thanks All

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net

8. macrumors member

Doesn't anyone use the phone anymore?

I've always had good responses calling them directly.

9. macrumors 68030

CmdrLaForge

I am wondering if iDVD will work on such an iBook ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers

10. macrumors 68040

jxyama

they claim iApps will work...

but those are darn expensive... figures, but still... for nearly $400, i think i'd rather save up a bit and get a SD eMac... (or a CD-ROM/ComboDrive eMac and install a DVD burner myself... apparently, if you install the same one as the SuperDrive, iApps will recognize it...)

11. macrumors 6502

iDVD will run on the iBook but putting the SuperDrive in there will void the warranty....

Good Luck

12. macrumors newbie

Hey machem

I don't want to waste my Cell Phone time on this kind of stuff... I'll give them a call when I'm back in town.

So your saying they Don't Answer E-mails... Kind of ODD... Why would you have WebSite with on-line buying, if people can't contact you through E-mail???

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net

13. macrumors newbie

Hey jane doe

I hope it doesn't Void the Warrenty... These guys are supposed to be an approved Apple Dealer...

Thanks!!!

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net

14. macrumors member

I'm not saying they don't answer emails, just that I've always called them and gotten a quick answer to any questions.

15. macrumors 6502

Thanks jxyama, appreciate that correction :)

peace.

16. macrumors newbie

Hey machem

Well I bit the bullet and Called them. Talk to Ben(nice guy very helpful). I 'm looking for a iBook with BlueTooth built-in, but he said all there iBooks only come with Dongle...Sooo I guess I'll have to call back when I get in Town.

I also found out that the New iBooks that can have BlueTooth built in, Don't have any Motherboard problems, but some of the older one do... Sooo

Thanks for all the REPLIES!!!

Brad Gotori
    bgotori@netscape.net