mcrain, its tax time....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

As the Jedi Master of Intel for the DGVPG, I hereby call upon mcrain to pay his MacRumors membership tax. It is a small amount of funds, and with your wifes recent move, can probably be claimed as a write off. It is your time. Seize the moment mcrain. We await you.

Will the taxman cometh?

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

[voice in the wind]Mcrain.... mcrain...... we need you......help us mcrain......[/voice in the wind]

Come on over to the better side of MR, it's fun! Cleo's promises to post some pics when she gets back from her travels, jello, rower and teasac go nuts.... try it, you might like it :D

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well since mcrain's trying to get his wife to send over some hunnies...I won't be too harsh...

but u know u want to...he he he ;)

5. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Its a brave world with rolling hills, and plush meadows..... well, not really, but it does have its high point. It is fun, for real. Just do it.

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Did we miss him?

Keep in mind he's saving up to buy his first Mac...:)

7. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, I think we missed it. Now we need to keep this up. Maybe make it a sticky.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...we already have 2 here for Geek Fest...maybe we should leave at that for now...

I'm sure u will find other "creative" ways to lure him in though...he he he ;)

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He'll be back, don't worry.

I'm sure a few posting here will keep it high enough, and we could pm him about the link. Only one person do it though. B2TM, why don't you go ahead this time.

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

[voice inside macrain's head]join join join join join join join [/voice inside macrain's head]

Ante up the ~$30 and become a demi-god... membership has it's privileges.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh, I got so excited, and clicked on this thread, and boom, to my surprise, I'm being pushed to support macrumors.

Well, I did it. Arn is one of my heros along with all you others who chip in so much, how can I not support.

You can't say I don't pay my taxes!

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

and another one bites the dust...he he he ;)

13. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oh, snap! Sweet, you will enjoy everything that is going on in the private forums. Fun time to be had by all. Damn, now I have to pay taxes this year out of moral obligation. :D

14. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

How long before my user thing updates and I become a demi-god instead of a number?

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It all depends, you can email arn the confirmation and he'll do it as soon as he can.

BTW, congrats on joining up - good to have you on board...:D

D

16. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Whoops, didn't keep the confirmation... Ha.. oh well, hey Arn! I bought a mug! I bought a mug!

Oh well, it will happen when it does. No biggie.

17. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

They should e-mai you one. Also, you can call their customer support and they will send you one. I had to do the same. it was really quick, and painless.

18. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

he he.... good on you mcrain. I believe you might just be the first demi-god who doesn't actually own a mac. Ha! Good to see you got your priorities right (MR first, then apple.....).

You'll love it. People want to taunt you, just because you're in on stuff they're not :p

Seriously though, well done. :)

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it kind of reminds u of when u were a kid...kids being mean to each other just because some didn't have the cool toys...or in later years when u are a teen & don't have the cool clothes...

not that I was ever that way... :rolleyes:

damn it feels good to have grown up... :D

20. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Some people just never grow up..... Jealousy is one of the biggest causes of trouble.

I will admit though, seeing people on the boards with a newer tibook than me..... :D :D

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know what u mean...it was a hard decision for me not to get the Rev. C 800 Mhz...

but when I saw I could skip upgrading my Rev. A & get a new car...I chose the Matrix...he he he :D

22. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

and a damn nice car it is too :) Not so sure i'd have made the same decision though, what with my inability to think long-term.... ;) :D

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm....well....thanks? ;)

still...a wise decision I feel...I got my AppleCare...I'm set till next year...he he he :D

24. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Well, I went with a new motorcycle, truck AND new laptop all this year. I will have the Harley for about 15+ years, the truck for about 10, and the 800 TiBook for as long as it lives, or does as I demand it.

25. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

After putting in a 20k basement bathroom, I'm not going to be getting a new machine any time soon. But the day will come, mark my words, when I get a new G5 (or what ever) sometime in 03 that will kick butt. I can't wait, but I also know I want to wait till I can get a machine that will be a order of magnitude faster than my 450MHz G4 that I have now. A Dual 1GHz is only going to be about 4x as fast. The new ones coming out in July (I hope) should be even faster and with the newer memory and bus could be about 6-8x. That's why I think 2003 I'll see something in excess of 10x which would help justify dropping 10k on a machine. And by then, my current system will have been with me for more than 4 years, which is pretty damn good....