@me email error

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by lonman06, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2010
    I have been trying to set up my @me email address since last night. I created the email address that I want but when I try getting mail on my phone it says that the icloud username/password is incorrect. When I try accessing from icloud.com the mail won't even load at it tell me "unable to load mail". I have logged into my apple ID on apple's site and it says my new email is verified for my account. Any ideas?
  2. macrumors member

May 20, 2007
    I'm having similar issues. When I created my iCloud email address, it created the address [first][last]@me.com. However, my Apple ID is [first][last]@mac.com because I created it when @mac.com was still around and in settings it shows my email address is [first][last]@mac.com and I can't change it. I can send emails to [first][last]@me.com, but when I try to send it tries to send from [first][last]@mac.com. I wish Apple would let me change my Apple ID because it would save the confusion of having my ID be an email address that no longer exists, but @mac and @me Apple IDs cannot be changed.