Me & My Katamari...

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 17, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

2. mooshoo macrumors regular

I have this game too. The first one was good, but limited. Then the sequel came out (We Love Katamary), which was a lot harder, and the ball just gets HUGE.

It's a very stupid game, but everytime I pick up the controller to play it, I can't stop. Then the music just stays in my head all day. It's extremely addictive.:p

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm glad they're ending it now. I liked the first. But the way people treat it as the only experimental, unique game ever is a little annoying. They found a lovely little game but any more would just destroy it. I reckon.

4. Cartman macrumors newbie

I am obsessed with it. Its so good, my PS2's controller's thumb sticks are almost shot :p

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    This game made me pick my PS 2 up again after nearly a year collecting dust. It's so damn goofy, I love it.

Sorry man, but Katamari was about the most "innovative" game in a long time. And I mean LONG. It's a simple concept, and anyone can pick it up, and it's frustrating and addicting and fun. That's hard to do.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you haven't played many freeware games have you? :) I've been beta tester at my university for some very brilliant GC and PS2, and of course that prestigious software engineering college over in the states that recently released some games (including that utterly amazing 3D block game, is that PC only?).
    See commercial gamers are not really into innovation stuff. Just look at the Top 10 games on anything but the DS Japan list. Terrible. But freeware has no boundaries. and student work, of course.
    It's just that Katamari is the most popular of mainstream games to be innovative on the PS2/PSP. Has a cult following and that. Those inside will think its the greatest, those on the outside will think it's nothing special.

7. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

I've had Me and My Katamari for about a month now... I bought the japanese import. It's a great port, the controls take alittle to get used to but its not bad after you've got the hang out it. The mini game you get to play when you finish the game is really fun too :)

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm getting this game on tuedays but i've played the PS2 versions and its very fun. When i first saw it i was like "WTF" but when i played it....:)

I see this title in the lines of that game where u are a bug and have to drink peoples blood in stuff like that. I think the game is a breath of fresh air even though its simple....very nice soundtrack.

Bless

9. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No, I don't play buggy, crappy games. I think you just like to bash anything that isn't for Nintendo. In fact I've never seen you say one positive thing about anything that's not. :rolleyes: