Meadowhall, Sheffield, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by the09factor, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

Who's going for an early start in Sheffield then?

I'm planning on being there ready and waiting with the MacBook under my arm. Need to get that phone, get setup and get off to London.

Who else will be at the party? And does anyone know if Meahowhall are opening the doors at 6am, so the queue can form and then the Apple Store can open at 8am (assumptions made from the iPad meet thread).

Shout up.

J

2. macrumors newbie

Me!

Hey!

If all goes to plan and i can get together the cash in time ill be there queing early.

So were assuming the doors open at 6?

I'll be getting a 16GB white i think, only PAYG then transferring my current contract over to a microsim.

Going to speak to O2 tomorrow to make sure i can actually do this!

3. macrumors 6502

i'm planning on getting a payg iphone from sheffield apple store (its the nearest for me as i'm in leeds).

what time are people thinking of getting there? obviously ill preorder - does that mean i dont have to get there really early to guarantee an iphone4?
    happy to get there early anyway as it would be the first time ive queued for an apple product!

4. macrumors newbie

Im not sure whats going to happen regards resevations. Do they require a credit card or anything do we know?

The guy i spoke to in the apple store says people started queuing for the iPad from midnight and by opening time there was 100+ people in the queue. He has no info on the opening times though yet.

I dont think i can manage an all nighter so i might brave it and join the queue really early in the morning after some sleep!

5. macrumors regular

I should be there really early if all goes well

just a quick question, if we arrive BEFORE the centre opens, which door do people que at. I'm guessing the M&S entrance as it's near the interchange.

If this fails, it looks like o2 Barnsley for me.

6. macrumors 6502

might be worth a call on tuesday or wednesday next week to find out how it works regarding getting in early. if they have any white available i'm tempted to get there early to get one.

7. macrumors regular

Sdancott

I'll be there bright and early. Was planning on arriving between 6:30-7:00. You guys reckon that's too late?

8. macrumors 6502

i would have that thought that would be ok. hopefully we'll be able to find out how to get in before the mall opens for business.

9. macrumors 6502

I'm going to try and get there bright and early too. Got a plane to catch that day so really can't stay longer than 9:30-10AM. I'm not too optimistic about that bit :(

10. macrumors regular

Im from Wakefield too, already have it reserved so if i cant get it from the o2 shop in the ridings im gonna get to meadowhall and pick up my reserve.

11. macrumors member

ok guys whats peoples thought on the ability to get this phone without reserving it at meadowhall? im considering going to meadowhall as i live in leeds and there is no apple shop here.

12. macrumors regular

I'll be popping up from Leeds some time on Thursday to collect my pre-order. More than likely I'll be there around 8ish and then queue for an hour or two. Might take my MacBook and see if a Genius can replace the front case with the cracks. Might ALSO take my 3G and see if they'll be able to do anything with the crack around the dock-connector..hopefully.

13. macrumors member

Hey guys just some news for you... been on the phone to meadowhall apple store about the opening times and they told me that the shopping centre will open its doors at 4AM in anticipation of people waiting to get their hands on one. See you guys there.

14. macrumors member

15. macrumors member

just out of interest, what time are people thinking of arriving there? also anyone got any idea where the line will start? what door people will be waiting at.

16. macrumors newbie

As someone posted the doors at meadowhall will be opening at 4am to allow queuing outside the Apple store. This is the email I received from Meadowhall customer care yesterday.

Take a look at a map of stores on the Meadowhall site to see where these doors are located. The entrance to the closest car parking area to these doors have a roundabout on the ring road around the shopping centre at the entrance to the ramp to the car park.

I'll be getting there just before 6am. I have the phone reserved but don't want to take any chances.

17. macrumors 6502

if theres any chance of getting a white one i'll be there from 4. if not maybe 7 as i have two black iphones reserved.

18. GSP
    macrumors newbie

Worth going?

Hi all, never been in on a launch day before so hoping some of you may be able to give me an educated guess (based on past launches).

If I turn up at Meadowhall at around 7am - what do you all reckon the chances of me getting an iPhone 4 are?

And how long should I anticipate queuing for?

Thanks...

19. macrumors member

Hey, have you pre ordered an iphone? cos when i phoned up they said theyd have very few available for people who hadnt pre-ordered so id recommend going as early as you can. I havent pre-ordered so im gonna try get there as early as I can but yeh if you havent pre-ordered id say the apple store was your best chance of getting one.

20. macrumors 6502

O2 Wakefield managed to give me the wrong microsim, so I might venture to meadowhall o2 tomorrow and ask in the Apple Store whilst im there if they're going to have seperate lines for upgrading customers and sim-free, as I really can't afford to stay beyond 10:30. Wonder if I bring my plane tickets in they'll be willing to let me in and out? :p

21. macrumors newbie

I went into Meadowhall earlier to get my microsim from O2. I walked across the walkway into the Apple store. The very helpful assistant confirmed my reservation on a mac and also confirmed they'll be 2 queues. One for people who have reserved and one for people trying their luck at purchasing any available stock the store may get. I forgot to ask how many had reserved at the Meadowhall store sadly.

See you all early Thursday morning!

22. macrumors member

hmmm im wondering how many will be available for those who havent reserved one. maybe 10 in stock? lol i have no idea, feeling tense about my chances though.

23. macrumors newbie

Ready

I've picked up my micro sim and set off the transfer, im not sure what time im going yet, not sure if i can manage 4AM but i have one reserved anyway so i should be fine.

Going to have a look which doors were talking about now.

Man im gonna be exhausted.

24. macrumors 6502

Ingster

The doors are the 1st floor ones between red and yellow car parks.

I'm looking at getting there about half six with my iPad to entertain myself while waiting in the queue, i just hope i'm through and holding my iPhone before 13.00 as i'll be due in work!!!

lol!

25. macrumors newbie

Well my bank account is ready now I'm just deciding what time to show up.

I'll be bringing my little dell netbook to steal apple's free wifi whilst I queue I think. I'll probably be the kid sat on the floor :)