Measure battery life?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mkrishnan, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mkrishnan
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I seem to remember some people mentioning a way to measure the actual battery life obtained on an iBook or PB using some software (not a stopwatch! :p). Is there anything out there that essentially runs a timer? Ideally it would be able to tell time spent with computer sleeping and/or only count time when the computer is awake. I'm starting to use my iBook G4 12" on battery more, and I seem to be getting around four hours, but its hard for me to tell for sure because I put it to sleep several times during the day. It'd be neat, just for fun, to know exactly how long its running on battery power.

2. 5300cs
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

5300cs

I dunno if it's what you're looking for, but I use a program called X-Charge. It has a graph of % and time which you can use to tell if your battery is running out too fast or something.

I think the website is pol-online.com ...if not, it should be on Version Tracker.

Hope that helps :)

3. 5300cs
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

5300cs

4. mkrishnan
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks! :)

This is the one I'm looking for. I knew it was X something, and it wasn't XBench. ;) I guess I could just use the console logs, but this'll probably be a little easier.

EDIT: This is perfect -- the event log viewer page shows times for sleep/wake, battery plug/unplug, and so on. :D

Correct link in case anyone else searches the thread:

http://www.pol-online.net/index.php?page=freeware

(.net as opposed to .com)