Medal of honor AA for mac, is it Multiplayer with PC's?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kadry, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Kadry macrumors newbie

My question is if the MOHAA mac version be able too play Multiplayer with PC users? vice Versa thanks in advance!

2. prepuser macrumors newbie

If you mean via internet play, then i think the answer is yes.

3. Stecchino macrumors member

YES

Yes, the Mac version of MOHAA and Spearhead most certainly work well with their Windows counterparts. In fact, think the Mac version has an advantage...the software used to locate gaming servers, GameSpy, is built-in to the Mac version of the game. The windows version requires a separate installation. It's nice to have an in-game browser.

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. Kadry thread starter macrumors newbie

yay thats great! cause most of my friends have MOHAA on PC. and i had it on PC also but unfortunatly it has some problems and it doesnt even start gives me some dorrupt or missing file. good thing i still have my powerbook G4. So i wouldnt have too download any patches too get the in game browser like i would onPC?

5. Stecchino macrumors member

>>>So i wouldnt have too download any patches too get the in game browser like i would onPC?

Correct, the Mac version has GameSpy browser built-in. It never hurts to check, though, if their are any updates to the games themselves. http://www.aspyr.com

Regards.

6. Kadry thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm... Interesting. Do you know if any mods made for PC will work for mac?

7. Stecchino macrumors member

MODS

I am not certain. I use custom maps by by PC users. Those are simple .pk3 files that you drop into your (Medal of Honor Folder)/Main folder.
    I am actually in the process of trying to implement some mods like custom scopes, etc. (there are a LOT of them). I'll post what I find.

Regards.

8. Stecchino macrumors member

MODS work

Thus far I have used custom scopes and custom maps successfully. To my knowledge, they were all created by Windows-version players. They seem to work flawlessly with our Mac version.
    Although there were some occasional odd behaviors with some of the custom maps, it was mostly fun.

Regards,
    Jonathan