Medal of Honor Breakthrough help

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Mar 18, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Okay, some I'm the control tower were I am supposed to send the False Signal by the radio. (This is when I'm suposed to destroy the Italian Fighters). The problem is it won't let me send the signal. I checked GameFAQs and that didn't help. Does anybody know what to do? Thanks.

2. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Have you completed the other objectives first? I think you have to sabotage all four Italian fighters before you can send the radio signal.

3. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In which case I think you might of just helped me. Thanks! But how do I get into the garages were the fighters are? I can't get past the gates.

4. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Try this walkthrough - when you first enter the airfield, after you've been given the silenced sniper rifle, the first hanger is to the left. Enter it through the door in the middle after taking out the guards in the towers.

5. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Er, I don't think I was ever given a silenced sniper rifle. Oh well, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I've already done that. My problem is: how do I get past the gates were the fighters are? I've only been able to destroy one fighter and that was the one with the open gate.

6. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Ok, let's backtrack a bit. You're in a jeep with the officer that's wearing the wide-brimmed hat, he's driving and you're manning the MG. He tries various routes to get to the airfield and after some twists and turns with lots of enemy soldiers shooting at you you arrive at a gate to the airfield with no guards. The officer gives you the silenced sniper rifle - the DeLisle - gives you some instructions and arranges to meet you later. There's an auto-save called "The Airfield at Caltagirone - Infiltration"

You enter the airfield and there are two trucks to the left, oil cans to the right. You go forward and turn right at the corner, and there are two guards and lots of crates. There's a fence to the left and where the fence ends is a garage with a truck and 3 guards. Go through the garage and there's another open area with a guard, two guard towers with searchlights and the rear of the first two aircraft hangers. Enter the hangers through these doors in the rear and sabotage the first two planes.

Then there's a guard house with three guards, then you carry on to the next hanger. There's another guard on foot, and another tower. Again, you enter the hanger through the door in the rear wall and sabotage the plane.

Then there are two huts, one with three Germans playing cards, the other with four Germans asleep. Go through the second hut to another open area with a guard. There's another hut with Germans watching a film in one room and an officer in a smaller side room, then another couple of guards. Get through this building and you come out below the control tower. Go past the tower to the final hanger and sabotage the plane. Exit the hanger through the rear, take out the guard in the tower and get to the control tower.

You know the rest...

7. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I did get delisle. Here's what I did: I did all the begning crap bla bla, but then I went right into those huts. I missed the fighters somehow. I think I'll retrace my steps...Thanks for your help.

8. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Good luck - are you playing this on the iBook in your sig? How does it play?

9. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have it on lowest settings, but it plays actually pretty decent. The very begining of the first level was a little slow, but not bad. I really haven't had any framerate problems with multiplayer. But it's an enjoyable enough game to play on lowest settings. My guess is you have the game, so how did it run on your machine?

10. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

I've played it on my 1.25 GHz eMac with 768 MB RAM, with default settings, and it's very smooth. It's a difficult game to play - you don't get many health packs, and the enemy don't drop lots of ammo so you have to be very careful to conserve your ammo.

I can recommend Call of Duty, but it's quite a system hog and you need a DVD drive. There's a demo available for download so you can try it to see how it runs.

11. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, it's a very hard game. :D They could of given you more ammo. It's common to run out.

Actually I have had Call of Duty for since May of 2004 and I got the expansion pack about a month ago. Awsome game.