Medal of Honour Spearhead

Discussion in 'Games' started by alkil47, Jun 4, 2003.

1. alkil47 macrumors member

Does anyone know of any cheats for this game , i have been playing it on a new mac 1ghz with 1gb of ram and one level is to slow the frame rate goes down so much that level is inpossible to finish cus its to slow. Its really pissing me off ... its the level where you go down the hill after a motor bike goes over you head , i get get to that stage with 100 life just can't get past the 8th tank...

and i have put the setting on the lowest ...

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I dont but welcome to the world of FPS Mac gaming. I cant think of anything that puts more strain on that bus/g4 then trying to play a good game of Medal of Honor, Ut2003 or Nascar with a full field! This is why the g4 has to be replaced. Cant tell you how many times i tried to go through the Normandy landing do to computer meltdown. Powermac 800 geforce3 1 gig mem.

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Is there such a difference between Allied Assault and Spearhead? How bad is the slow-down? People said that the demo had bad framerates but that the full release would fix them. How much VRAM do you have? 16 was almost enough for AA.

4. macdong macrumors 6502

macdong

the worst situation i've had is the level you control a big gun on top of a anti-tank or whatever car. you are not inside a tank, so you are much exposed to the enemies. and because the frame rate is so low, you can hardly move the gun (or you move it too much) and makes it very hard to target and destroy all the enemies and tanks and tower. i eventually gave up (gee, dual 867 with 768MB ram).

5. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Yeah, that level was really annoying, I beat it eventually. Here are some cheats.

" To enable cheat mode, start the game with the following parameters:

set ui_console 1 set cheats 1 set thereisnomonkey 1

Then, while in the single-player game, press "~" to bring up the console and type any of the codes listed below:

dog - God Mode
    fullheal - Full Health
    wuss - All Weapons & Ammo
    noclip - No Clipping (Go Through Walls)
    notarget - Show Game Version
    fullheald - Heal player
    listinventory - List of the player's inventory
    tele x y z - Teleport to location
    coord - Prints out current location and angles
    health - set current health
    kill - Kills the player
    giveweapon weapons''weapon_name''.tik - Gives the player the specified weapon
    toggle cg_3rd_person - 3rd person view"

http://www.spynets.com/cheats/details.php?ID=682

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wes- do those cheats work in allied assault as well?

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

They appear to be the same, I haven't used them but I have used cheats that are very similar in Jedi Knight 2 (Same engine).

This url for Allied Assault shows the same cheats: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_cht.asp?ID=9113

Sometimes they show you the pc way to do it, but there is always a mac way, you will see when you look at that site.

8. alkil47 thread starter macrumors member

Re - Wes how do you set these actions in OSX 10.2 I am unsure how you start up with these actions

" To enable cheat mode, start the game with the following parameters:

set ui_console 1 set cheats 1 set thereisnomonkey 1

Cheers

A.

9. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I've gotten to that point I think .. on the back of that truck in the winter scene after fighting in the base?
    It's REALLY F**KING annoying how much it slows down:mad:

Is there any way to change the assigment of the console key? For some reason on a Japanese keyboard, the "~" key won't work!!

10. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Sorry about the reply time, I was on holiday, if you are still wondering... I think you should be able to do it by:

Opening Mohaa
    Go to Preferences: Advanced
    Click "Enable Console"

Then press `or ~ and you should get the console to enter those. I hope that's it.

11. sammyjayp macrumors newbie

Still no cheat joy in Allied Assault Spearhead!

It would seem I'm stuck at the same halftrack hill level as the rest of yez I have followed the instructions and can open the console but when I type in the cheat code (After fist typing the console ...monkey...etc. blurb) it says I have to start the server with +set cheats 1. I'm probably doing something really basic wrong. Any advice?

12. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Nice to know, I'm not the only one....

Got the same problems as you guys. Starting the game while pressing the <SHIFT> - key, gets me an extra startup screen, allowing to type the "set .... 1", but I also keep getting the message "cheats are not enabled on this server".:mad:

I give up.....

13. Bolle macrumors newbie

I was stuck on that level for a day, too. Just quicksave often, especially after you have killed a tank and have a good amount of health left.

Memorize where the next enemy will be coming from, so you'll be prepared next time.

I did it on a 933mHz G4, so you shouldn't have any problems on a 1gig machine.

14. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yes!

It finally worked, and got my sorry a$$ through that level!

This worked for me:

Start the game withe the <SHIFT> key pressed. Just type in the new window:
    "+set cheats 1 +set ui_console 1 +set thereisnomonkey 1" (without the quotation marks).
    Once you got the game stated, START A NEW GAME! The saved gaves don't seem to work on my Mac. Then press <~>, and type "dog".
    It's still a challenge to complete the level, as you also have to keep the other truck alive. But it's such a relief to finally get out of the level....

15. macdong macrumors 6502

macdong

i've given up on this game and went to alien vs predator :D
    perhaps i'll get back to MoH after i get a new G5 ;)

16. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I'm on a Dual 1.25 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM, and GeForce 4 Ti, and this game is running smooth, with all (advanced also) settings maxed out (res: 1024 x 768).
    I must say this game is very processor dependant, and much less grfx card dependant. I had the Radeon 9000 card before this one, and to be honest, the performance differences on MOHAA and Spearhead between the two cards are very minimal, to say the least.
    Once you could activate the game to use 2 processors, that really did speed it up! What a difference that was.

17. myuu macrumors newbie

huh

game runs really well on my 900 ibook with 640 ram and the 32 meg video card.

18. sammyjayp macrumors newbie

There and back again!

The cheat mode works fine starting with shift and going to a new game before returning to the saved one. However on the next level where you have to save the suicidal captain, after the church and while he is waiting by the hotel I start getting blown to bits by invisible artillery. Ok for me in God mode but the second I go near the captain he catches it. Jeez this game seems buggy. Any advice?

19. The_Czar macrumors newbie

Spearhead cheats

I think that just like eveyone else I hate level 2 riding in the truck with the anti tank gun.
    I have tried the cheat to get the console and i can get the console up but evey time I try to enter the cheat like "dog" all I get is an error saying that i have to "set cheats 1" even though I already have done that in the console as the game loads.
    This is extremely frusterating and any advice to make this cheat work.

20. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Quoting myself here..... to point out this worked well.

So in short:
    1. Start game, while pressing the <SHIFT> key.
    2. In the just appeared window, type what is stated above (+set cheats ..... )
    3. START A NEW GAME! NOT A SAVED ONE!
    4. Bring up the console and type the necessary cheats ("dog" and stuff)

Good luck.

21. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Well - believe it or not - I got through the winter mode with a 450Mb Cube w/Radeon 7500 & 768Mb Ram...

So far, I haven't tried the cheats - and I hope I don't have to, either. Bolle's idea of quicksaving worked for me - my finger was constantly on the F4 key! Also, for those difficult periods, drop your settings to lowest, and the resolution to 640x480 (you gotta tell yourself this: what's the lesser of 2 evils? Blocky graphics, or unplayable gameplay?).

And if you think that the slowdown was a bitch on the half-track section, well - just wait until you get to the Stuka dive-bomb attack after the hotel scene - OR - there's the multiple tank attack in the bombed-out streets of Berlin.... AAARRRGGGHHH!

It almost makes me want to go out and order the Powerlogix 1.4Mhz upgrade chip...

;)

22. Bolle macrumors newbie

Well, I have found that performance was exactly the same on 1280x1024 as on 640x480. 32 bit vs. 16 bit color didn't make a difference, either. That's probably my CPU maxing out, not the graphics card then...

23. Darth Mato macrumors newbie

Why won't the cheat command work?

Like many of you, I'm stuck on that damn level in the snow where you control the gun on the back of the truck. I'm sick and tired of it!!

I enter the '+set cheats' etc in the command console in the main menu just as you fine gamers have recommended. Then I start a new game and enter 'dog' and the console replies that I have to enter the '+set cheats' command for it to be activated, even though I've already done it.

Then by entering the '+set' command the console says it doesn't recognise the command '+set.....'. I then type in the 'set cheats 1....' command without the + and it says the cheats will be enabled upon restarting. So I restart and type in 'dog' and it goes back to saying the '+set cheats' command must be entered.

What the hell is going on? Whichever way I try to get around this cheat command the console just contradicts itself with conflicting reponses.

24. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Re: Why won't the cheat command work?

have you entered the cheats in a new game and then loaded your old saved game? Thats the only way it works.

25. Darth Mato macrumors newbie

Still having problems

I entered the cheats in a new game (at the start of the first level in the plane) and the console replied that the cheats will be activated upon restarting. So then I loaded my saved game as you suggested and then entered 'dog' to which it then said I have to load the server with the '+set cheats 1' command.

Am I entering the proper cheat code? Every time I enter '+set....' the console says it doesn't recognise the '+set', so I enter the code without the '+' and it says the cheats will be activated upon restarting.

Do you have to enter the code in the main menu before starting a new game? Or do you have to enter the code during a new game?