Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Ok so here is my big problem. I have OCD of the highest order and do my files a very specifically. I have all my iTunes media files on my Time Capsule. Up until this point I have been running my :apple:TVs off of my Mac Mini or iMac depending on which one happens to be on at the time.

Well doing this had absolutely no affect on my files. They stayed just how I originally set them up. This past weekend I picked up a new MacBook Air and wanted to set it up so I could watch a TV show or movie from time to time. When I set up my iTunes to point to my media folder on the TC it pulled all of the seasons out of their folders and placed them in just a specific show folder. It changed the name of all of my television show files. It changed the name of all my music files and pulled them out of their certain folders.

Anyone have any idea why it has not had any problems doing everything fine with the iMac and Mac Mini, but it goes absolutely wonky when I add my MacBook Air into the equation?

Thanks guys.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Ok so here is my big problem. I have OCD of the highest order and do my files a very specifically. I have all my iTunes media files on my Time Capsule. Up until this point I have been running my :apple:TVs off of my Mac Mini or iMac depending on which one happens to be on at the time.

Well doing this had absolutely no affect on my files. They stayed just how I originally set them up. This past weekend I picked up a new MacBook Air and wanted to set it up so I could watch a TV show or movie from time to time. When I set up my iTunes to point to my media folder on the TC it pulled all of the seasons out of their folders and placed them in just a specific show folder. It changed the name of all of my television show files. It changed the name of all my music files and pulled them out of their certain folders.

Anyone have any idea why it has not had any problems doing everything fine with the iMac and Mac Mini, but it goes absolutely wonky when I add my MacBook Air into the equation?

Thanks guys.

Check if you have "Keep Itunes Media organised" In Itunes under Preferences-Advanced on the new Computer.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Check if you have "Keep Itunes Media organised" In Itunes under Preferences-Advanced on the new Computer.

Thank you sir. Somewhat embarrassing I overlooked something so simple. That should fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.