Media Issues?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ziwi, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I have been making videos and presssing them to DVD from iDVD and Pinnacle prior to 3 years ago. Everything works out well and the DVD's work fine...initially. Then after a period of time (months - year) the DVD playback starts to 'skip' or 'freeze'. Eventually, the DVD does not work or only works in one DVD player - but initially it worked in all 3 in the house.

I have tried many different media types from TDK, Sony, Maxell, Memorex and have settled into Verbaitum. I do not know that it is the media. I have searched the internet for anyone claiming degredation and really found nothing, but I can not believe I am the only person this has happened to.

Does anyone know why this would be (no they are not scratched, fingerprinted, dirty, etc)? Has anyone see this before? Solutions?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I've had this happen to a couple DVDs I authored in DVD Studio Pro. Can't explain it really, it's just weird. And it doesn't happen to all of them, just some. Maybe DVD-Rs are just more finicky over time? :confused:

3. Vodevil macrumors newbie

Vodevil

I recently had this happen to me with a DVD-RW, I can't put my finger on what it is either. It would be interesting to know what causes this problem.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

5. ziwi thread starter macrumors 65816

ziwi

I am currently on Verbatum, and have seen the same issues with other media types (TDK, Sony, Maxell, memorex). It is really a pain to keep all of this on the hard drive because I can not trust the media.
    There has to be a reason and from the sounds of it - I am not alone. I just can not believe that I am the only one really angerd by this. It is very frustrating to create this watch it work for a period of time and then see it not work or get a call saying the DVD stopped working.