MediaMax vs. iPhone data plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anamznazn, Sep 20, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

anamznazn

Okay, here's the lowdown.

Originally, I had a Nokia N95 with the MediaMax 200 + Unlimited M2M text messaging Plan and this was for $25 a month.

Now that I switched over to the iPhone, I was forced to change to the iPhone data plan which is just pretty much unlimited data + 200 text. This is the same as the above plan I just mentioned but W/O the Unlimited M2M text messaging. This goes for $20.

I've been looking over AT&T text messaging plan and if I wanted unlimited M2M, I have to add-on the 200 + Unlimited M2M text messaging plan which is $10.

I was wondering if anybody know if it's possible to NOT use the $20 iPhone data plan and go back to my MediaMax 200 + Unlimited M2M Texting plan? This will save me like 5 dollars a month...which is a good $60 a year from now. I mean, is there really any real differences between the MediaMax and iPhone data plans?

I can't seem to find a way to remove the iPhone data plan on my account when I log into AT&T's website. I'm planning to call them up tomorrow and say something like "i returned my iphone...i want my mediamax plan...blah blah blah". What do you think?

2. macrumors regular

There's an equivalent iPhone data plan for iPhone 200 + M2M for $25. You have to call up ATT to get it.