Medieval 2: Total War

Discussion in 'Games' started by SpankyPenzaanz, Nov 20, 2006.

1. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

So I finally picked up my copy of medieval2 and it came with the history channel special: The Crusades and the soundtrack to the game. The sound track is really cool i would love to get a track listing if anybody has it

Many thanks

and now I go to play it:D

2. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

is it pretty similar to Rome:Total War gameplay wise and such, anything change?

3. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

I'm super-psyched to get my copy for the holidays. i love MTW so much that i wont even download the bootleg, i'll buy it! plus with those new activation thingys... Can't wait!

4. kalun macrumors regular

I have tried M2TW on a Macbook. The result? Disappointing. The game will load and the battle scene will load. However, the battle scene lags so much that it is impossible to control any units, even with all the setting sets to low.

5. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Well do you have 128mb videocard or higher - It runs like a dream on my 2footer - looks amazing as well

6. ViM macrumors regular

Kalun tried M2TW on a Macbook -> Intel GMA 950... nice to know it works fine on a MBP :)

7. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I don't really have the spare cash to pick myself up a copy, but once I get some cash I'm def. getting myself a copy.

8. kalun macrumors regular

Well, this is just a warning for those who wish to buy M2TW and the only computer available is a macbook.

I mean, it is also good to help out the community by posting the performance of the game on a Mac computer. Wouldnt you agree that this is what the forum is for?

9. aholden12592 macrumors regular

how much RAm do you have? When i tried the demo on my macbook it never even loaded the battle. Just froze at the loading screen

10. kalun macrumors regular

I have 1Gb of RAM. The battle scene takes quite a long time to load tho (about 30-45 sec).

11. aholden12592 macrumors regular

oh, i'll try it again and wait longer. I'm thinking about getting more RAM for the holidays.

12. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

As long as you don't have a true separate video card you are going to have performance issues - check the system requirements

13. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

It was choppy on my MacPro with stock video card under Bootcamp. It worked great after i upgraded my video card to the ATI x1900 thou.

M2TW is a great game, it like rome total war but with more options and better graphics. The battles look amazing thou there are a few bugs (horses dont charge when sometimes) to be worked out but so far its been a great game.

14. kalun macrumors regular

Agreed. I start playing total wars once my friend showed me Shogun and medieval (back in the days). One of the best series ever.

15. mcQuim macrumors newbie

Hey there, I have this game for my PC and I must say it is wicked! My mate has a MAC and he wants to get it, where can I get a MAC Verison from??

Thanks in advance

16. aholden12592 macrumors regular

if this were on mac i would kneel down and pray to the gods. But no, none of the total war games are for MAC:( :( :(

17. mcQuim macrumors newbie

Well Im not really clued up on all the different types, let me find out what hes got exactly! Its such a shame as these games rock! I hate windows but im a gamer so I don't have a choice!

EDIT

His words mac0sx I think it’s a 10

Hope this helps, and I hope your going to say yes you can get it!!!

18. ingeniousdevice macrumors newbie

does anyone know if medieval total war II will work on the lowest config of the new core 2 duo macbook pros?

19. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Me too! I've an iBook G4, but I'll be buying a more powerful computer this Spring partly just so I can play this game. I find all the Total War games to be the pinnacle in strategy gaming.

Now I just need to find out whether a 17" C2D iMac allows for playing Medieval 2 in the highest setting possible (nothing less will do!), or do I need a more powerful Mac.

20. aholden12592 macrumors regular

if you want best possible go for 24"

21. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Thanks. That's what I suspected. Sadly, finances means it's far more likely that I'll wait a while until the 17" & 20" iMacs get their next upgrades. I'm hoping Santa Rosa can't be too far away!

Edit: My mistake! Santa Rosa has integrated graphics chipset. All iMacs (but educ. iMac) have dedicated graphics. Santa Rosa for iMacs wouldn't make sense!

22. ViM macrumors regular

23. yabxe macrumors newbie

new machine

I am considering purchasing a macbook pro once the next os is released. Does Medieval 2 play well under bootcamp with the 2.33 macbook pros? By well I mean without the need to lower the default settings. Without crashing and without jitter. I hope I will not be pushed toward Alienware.