Medieval II Total War 1.3 on a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by richei, May 24, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

May 24, 2009
    Hi, I recently got myself a MBP and decided to try and run Medieval II Total War on it. I went through all the usual stages of running boot camp and parallels 4 and then went ahead and installed the game, which I immediately updated with all the patches.

My problems are twofold:

Firstly, when I've booted straight to Windows (so not using virtualization), the game won't even start; says there's been an unspecified error. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Secondly, I can run the game in Parallels, but I can't save any games; it says that it's unable to write to the drive.

Is this because I'm using a patched 1.3 version perhaps? Any help much appreciated!

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 24, 2009
    Shame there haven't been any replies, but I've done some more testing, and this is what I found:..

1. Medieval II Total War 1.2 works like a dream on a MBP, so if you're using a MBP, don't even bother trying to run Medieval II TW 1.3, as you can't save games.

2. The game wasn't starting up properly because I hadn't installed all the mac drivers from the operating system DVD after going through the boot camp process!

Hope that solves your problem (directed at myself...:p)

xx :)