Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
My advice is to stop looking so hard. These things tend to work better when you're not looking. It's how and when I met my wife.

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
*Walks up steps of bell tower, determinedly*
*Sets gun case down on floor, carefully*
*Opens gun case, eyeing parts of high powered sniper rifle*
*Assembles rifle, methodically*
*Chambers round*
*Scans crowd in plaza below*
*Reading peoples' lips through the gun sight, finds two friends talking about dating*
*Sees the one with the wedding band say "You can't find love, it just finds you"*
*In an homage to Jackie Kennedy, shoots the married person in the head, splattering their brains onto their friend's lap*

ejb190

macrumors 65816
^^
MarkCollette, as someone who has been way too close to a shooting, I find your post tasteless and disgusting.

jdechko said:
My advice is to stop looking so hard. These things tend to work better when you're not looking. It's how and when I met my wife.
But keep your eyes open! My wife stalked me for THREE YEARS while I was being a blind fool! She was in the first adult education (Master Gardeners) class I taught and my only student even close to my age (Most were retired folks looking for a new hobby). I broke her heart every time she found out I was dating someone else and I never even knew it. We got married September 3rd.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
ejb190 said:
My wife stalked me for THREE YEARS while I was being a blind fool! She was in the first adult education (Master Gardeners) class I taught and my only student even close to my age (Most were retired folks looking for a new hobby). I broke her heart every time she found out I was dating someone else and I never even knew it. We got married September 3rd.

So why did it take three years? Did she ask you out and you took three years to say yes? Did she not say anything and hope you'd make the first move?

ejb190

macrumors 65816
MarkCollette said:
Ouch. My inappropriate sense of humor strikes again...

Sorry about that. I totally understand the single/married thing, I do. I just get a bit sensitive about shootings. I lost a friend to a revenge-minded drug dealer with a shotgun.

aloofman said:
So why did it take three years?
It's a long story. She has been a friend since we met, but I guess I wasn't ready for her! My wife is a beautiful person. It took me a while to get past her disability and realize I could marry and accept someone with a disability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.