MeetUp: A Regular Mac Event

Discussion in 'Community' started by patrick0brien, Feb 12, 2003.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Gents

Some of you may already know about this, but I just attended my first last night.

It's called a "MeetUp", and it's just what it sounds like. MeetUp.com is sort of a clearing house of interests people around the world have in common. And yes, there is a global interest in Macs represented there. Every 2nd Tuesday of each month, there is an "International Mac MeetUp Day" where meetups in all kinds of cities occur at local venues. It's pretty cool.

Now, I attended the Chicago groups MeetUp last night, and unfortunately, the weather was really nasty, so it kept the numbers down. But I had a pretty good time - and yes, a lot of scotch (hug me, I'm Irish!).

Go to http://mac.meetup.com/ to check it out.

Hey Taft, good to meet ya, and I'll see you next month! Hopefully I'll have a shiny new PB12" :D

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very interesting. Good for networking, I'll have to see what happens in my area, not much right now.

Thanks,

D

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Yeah it was a good time. The place was great. There was only one problem, and that was a lack of people.

If we could get a few more people to show up next time, it'd be pretty cool.

Good meetin' ya' Patrick!

Taft