megarace (old game)

Discussion in 'Games' started by question fear, Jul 27, 2003.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    does anyone remember megarace? it was a racing game that simulated a game show, with this irritating guy as the got to ram cars into walls and stuff to chase them was a wicked fun game, and i miss parents had it on their win3.11 for workgroups computer.
    So, two questions: is it available anywhere anymore for pcs? even better, is there any way to get it or a similar game for the mac?
    I am already planning on getting rage: incomer at some point...another game my parents used to have. i saw it for 19.99 at the apple store and it took a lot of self-control not to buy it right then and there.
  2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Jan 22, 2003
    In your head.
    This would of been better posted in the GAMES forum, or perhaps a PC Games Forum. The latter might be able to help better than me.

Try here. For DOS info.
    It did evolve into MR 2 and MR 3. Amazon Auctions is safe. I have used them.

I found a Flash site that has MegaRace3 "MR3" info. View it for kicks.

It was and won't be ported to a Mac.
    It can be played on a Mac.
    Get an emulator with DOS.

It will run better in a PC emulator with DOS than it will running the same emulator with Win3.11. All Windows 3.11 did was load an INI file that told the OS to drop into DOS and run the game. It didn't (from what I remember) run native in the Windows GUI. It tended, as did many DOS games, to crash if it was run in a window with in the OS.
  3. Eric-C macrumors newbie

Feb 7, 2003
    I still have that game somewhere. Yes, it was very fun, and yes that guy was annoying. I liked the prizes you could win for doing well on the bonus tracks, e.g. the seat covers. Those were somewhat good times. I played that on my Packard Bell Pentium 60 MHz w/8Mb of RAM and Windows 3.whatever. The graphics weren't that bad, either.