Mel Gibson

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iTwitch, Jul 29, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

"My life is ruined! Everyone will hear about this embarrassing incident only creating more of an interest in every move I make which will generate TONS of press and no one will be able to flush their toilet or turn on a television without hearing my name or seeing my face and all I'll have left is my loving family, hundreds of millions of dollars, mansions in various countries, and expensive cars to help me through these tough times of being a famous actor/director. Woe is me."

Poor, poor Mel Gibson.

Oh, and I think this guy has been crazy for a while regardless of this tragic event.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

TMZ, the wannabee of Yellow Journalism takes after their Paparazzi. Don't shoot 'til you see the whiteout of their lies.

4. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Thanks for that link, guess I should have Googled TMZ. :eek:

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

But don't worry, because Jesus loves him. When he dies, he and Jesus will sit around and discuss the finer points of how the Jews (all of them, ever) beat Jesus and tortured him then nailed him to a cross, then continued on to be behind every crime, murder, and war that ever happened. Well, at least in Mel's version of heaven. Hopefully the rest of you will get the "Non-Mel" section with the nice Jesus. :)

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Actually, didn't his movie assign much of that to the Roman Empire? "Eche homo" sounds sort of....Latin.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

8. Gorydays macrumors member

Gorydays

Nah, just Mel.

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Well, not that CNN's articles are that much more reliable, but they've picked up the story on Gibson and printed his response.

10. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

TMZ's reliability or not, while i disagree with his portrayal of Jews in POTC, i don't really know whether he'd drunkenly go around yelling about jews owning the world. Who knows. What i do know is that the way he is trying to get out of this crap by making it into a sob story of longtime alcoholism seems like a load of crap. Because he was drunk doesn't mean he's an alcoholic. Sounds like a wholelotta publicity BS if you ask me. Maybe these celebs won't get away with everything and let Mel be the first :mad:

12. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

anyone else think he resembles Saddam hussein in that article pic?

13. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i thought about posting that exact comment except i thought to myself "knowing TMZ's track record, i'd say it's doctored.." so i didn't bother ;)

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

He has now apologized. At least for the drunk driving.

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

gibson's always been a bit of a political nutcase, imo, as his wikipedia page shows:
    i've also seen reports that gibson's father is a holocaust denier and that mel is, too, though i've no idea if that's really true.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

And Michael Savage. And Ann Coulter. And Fred Phelps. And Ted Stevens. And......

He left out the UFOs, the United Nations, the people who invented the bar code, and those suspicious stickers on the back of road signs.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not as much as it should have. At least according to historical documents. He made them a little more sympathetic than he should have instead of making it seem like it was more the religious leaders. The truth is, he was a threat to all of their power and the people sadly fell for their lies. But it wasn't as bad as the Passion plays that flat out blamed the Jews (not just the clerics and the people who turned their backs on him, it was actually originally used to scapegoat the Jews) and pretty much ignored what the Romans were trying to do too.

I always try to give Mel the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't make that easy.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree. I've always thought this guy was an idiot.

To solvs: why in the world would you give this guy the benefit of the doubt? This incident should make it loud and clear that he doesn't deserve it.

19. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

This story (racist comments and all) has been independently verified by the New York Times and the LA Times. I think that's pretty credible...

There is no question in my mind that Mel Gibson is crazy racist scum and I am proud not to have supported any of his movies since "The Passion." They've all been pretty crap since then anyway...

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I think Mel Gibson's kinds of nuts too, but the TV news today was all about, "Is his career over? Is this the kind of thing that will ruin him?"

Gimme a freakin' break. As long as the studios think he can still earn money for them (and he obviously can), he's gonna be working. Lindsay Lohan aside, misbehaving celebrities are rarely reined in by anyone.

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

All depends if the comments spiral into a Dixie Chicks sequel.

Of course he has the money to walk away and do something behind the scenes for awhile while the storm blows over.

22. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Well he might get officially " shunned " by the brethren of studio moguls.

Then again he could counter offer with a heart warming independant film
    about The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion. :rolleyes:

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Perhaps I should have said I tried. This makes it really hard. Really hard. It's probably a good thing he's just another celebrity I don't really care about.

24. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

mel is talented at what he does, and he is a bigot and alcoholic

does he happen to be anti semitic like marlon brando (who said the jews run hollywood)?...probably

i don't think i will stop seeing movies by him because i don't like that aspect of him

clinton was a womanizer and i knew that when i voted for him again in 1996, but i also knew he was the best person for the job so i casted my vote knowing that he had let me down in some way...if not for his personal behavior with probably many women, historians would have put clinton up there with washington, jefferson, lincoln, and fdr

oh, and jefferson, as well as benjamin franklin, were a little more than "popular" with the opposite sex ;)

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    All I know is, a WHOLE LOT of Iranians are buying his entire catalogue right now. Lethal Weapon box sets anyone?