Melbourne iCal Users

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macette, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Macette macrumors 6502

Hi,

Taking a cue from Madamimadam, I'm trying to be useful and am making a Melbourne weather iCal. I've published it on www.icalshare.com but it's not up yet - should be in a couple of days.

It's a four-day forecast (because the 7-day ones are so stupidly unreliable) and also includes Fire Ban info.

Just thought I'd let y'all know...

2. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

finaly a decent weather report that dosnt envlove chanel 10 and no fire ban info thank christ for that

and whats wrong with next byte i am not a mac user just yet but i am looking at buying a mac soon and i was going to be heading in there direction they done somthing wrong ...

3. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

we had a discussion about next byte a while back, which involved lots of melbourne people saying 'next byte are crap', and around that time i went in there to buy RAM and the guy there told me a lot of lies (after keeping me waiting for about an hour)... so my boycott next byte league is based on my frustration with them. i've had good experiences with desktop power in ivanhoe, however, and a friend reckons computers now in malvern is all right... the main thing at next byte is how bad their staff are. generally.

glad you're into the weather thing - i'll try to make sure i keep it up to date. i think i'll replace the forecast temp with the actual temps as the days pass.

4. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

So you have had a few probs with them well ill re concider my buying options now..

and yea the weather is kind of important to my job working outside and all kind of need to know the weather situation and usualy its wrong ..

5. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

well ain't the weather spectacular this afternoon!

6. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Yep about time we had some rain loving it well was loving it till it stoped

7. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, pity it stopped.

Hey, my calendar's up on iCalShare now. So you should subscribe. Because at the moment, '0 views' is pretty sad...

8. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

ok just one question do you need to have a mac for this or can anyone use it as in mac or windows or even linux

9. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

you can use it using mozilla and something and i don't know... but yes. go to icalx.com or icalshare.com for more info... i'm sure it's possible. i mean, it's not as pretty on those platforms - ical is a great app - but there are ways of accessing it. even just as html.

10. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

well found your site at last and found it really intresting what exsactly is this i cal thing you will have to exscuse my ignarance as i am still fresh to the mac i went and looked at a new i mac today the very model i want with a few extras 17 inch model supper drive and god knows what else it has i am also buying a video camera for it so i can finaly make bloody deacent video cds and even dvd nows

turned out sunny again as well

I am finding all this mac stuff fasanating why in gods name windows cant be like this is beyond me well soon it wont be windows for me ha ha ha...

now to sell this scrap pile ...

11. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

and now i understand why mozila is needed this is a great little app now i can keep everyting up todate......

if i find a new job that is .......

12. richie macrumors member

Computers Now in Malvern's very good, in my experience. Decent prices, good service.. they have a massive staff on all the time, so they must be doing OK financially :)

Oh yeah, and keeping on the iCal topic, I'm working on a timetable for Uni students in Melbourne - I know, a niche within a niche within a niche, but eh :)

13. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

I understand it now so your main goal is to have uni rosters up or somthing time tables and things seems like a good idea most students have acces to the net correct and they dont usualy rember much about times and stuff seems like a good idea to me..

and malvien bare with me aint to famliar with melbourne that much i am based in croydon so very little happening around here with computers one pc store round the conner from me with a nac of making great pc systems they dont do much in the mac department though but iam trying to convince them that i should get my system though them I got my pc from them so there like family to me sadly they cant take me on because there staffed out...

oh well..

keep me uptodate on this uni thing if it works out what ever your ninche is i might be able to get it shipped over to some uk uni people ..