Memorex CD Issue

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by titaniumducky, Feb 22, 2004.

1. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

I recently ran out of my Staples brand CD-Rs and so I got a pack of Memorex CD-Rs which were a good deal. Today I was burning some data on one, when the CD stopped burning because I had moved a file that it was using. I realized my mistake, fixed it, and started the burn again to see if the disc could still be used.

It couldn't so I tried to eject but it wouldn't. That was when I realized the CD never appeared on the desktop. I restarted, holding down the mouse and it ejected. So I went back in and tried a disc I knew had worked in the past - it worked. Then I tried another Memorex CD-R. Toast saw it, but it still didn't show on the desktop. When I pressed eject, now, it worked. I tried another and it was the same thing.

What's going on? Does anyone know? I have friends who've used Memorex media, I think, so I doubt all their stuff is like this. I have a 15" PowerBook (Titanium 1 GHz) running Panther.

I'm burning the disc in Toast and will tell in another post what happens after I burn it (will it mount, eject, etc.).

2. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Results of burn

By the way, the discs are 52x speed, 700MB CD-Rs.

OK, I burned the disc and this is what happened:

I verified the disc, just in case. Then I chose the "Mount" option. It appeared!!!

It also ejected properly. Why doesn't it show up as "Untitled CD" when blank?

3. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

4. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

5. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

6. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

7. titaniumducky thread starter macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude