Memorial Day...

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, May 26, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

anyone doing anything interesting for Memorial Day....

are u even off work?

I'm probably taking my bike out to the lake and riding the trails...

actually....I did it yesterday....am going later again today....and will almost indefinitely do it tomorrow...

damn I've missed having my bike...he he he:D

2. macrumors 603

Tomorrow, I do not have class, so I have the day off.

I will probably watch The Price Is Right and post forums (at different times, probably). If I get time I will load in the new CD I got, 18 by Moby. Eventually I will find something to watch on TV, then I will kick back and bull:::: for the rest of the day. :)

Fear the King.

3. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i've still got summer school :/ good ole German 101.

4. macrumors 6502

Zenith

Memorial Day? Never heard of that... Is it an american holiday?
    I'm about to do my final exams at school and wont have my vacation until late in June... :(

5. macrumors 603

http://www.usmemorialday.org/

If you do not care to read throughout the website, Memorial Day basically is a day of rememberance of our USA fighting soldiers who have died in war.

I already have a flag custom made from a 3D program printed out for the vertical part of my desk, so if I decide to do homework tomorrow it will help remind me of why we have this day.

Fear the King.

6. macrumors 65816

cleo

I too have massive amounts of summer school homework to do - bleh. I'm also working on a super-secret super-important project, but sadly I cannot tell you about it, or I would have to kill you. :D

I think I've also been brainwashed by the incessant tv adverts to go to the JC Penny Memorial Day Sale for 15% off a bunch of useless crap.

7. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not much, got the day off and am going to work on some projects, at home and on the computer. Might go see some of the Rolling Thunder down on the Mall if it doesn't rain.

Alpha, you'd love it, went by the Pentagon parking lot and it was 2/3s full with thousands of bikers getting ready for tomorrows ride around the capitol. Totally nuts. I'll get pictures if I'm out.

Nice touch with the colors there cleo.

D

8. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

speaking of the Pentagon....I watched an hour long special on it yesterday...The Learning Channel I believe...

sorry I still forget we have overseas members here...didn't think I'd get a "what is memorial day" response...he he he;)

and I noticed u added some patriotic colors to the avatar cleo...is for anything in particular? :D

9. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I'll be heading up to my sister's/mother's place tomorrow for a combo b-day/memorial day party for my grandfather. I will be making my world famous deviled eggs for the party (when I get up there). I will be riding my Harley to get there, weather permitting.

10. macrumors 6502

Memorial day

also no Memorial Day here. (yes...there are other countries then the USA)

but yesterday was Vesak Day and since it did fall on a sunday today is a holiday

http://www.buddhanet.net/vesak.htm

if you do not care to read troughout the website (thats for King Cobra :) )
    Vesak Day is the Birthday of the Buddha

11. macrumors 603

Re: Memorial day

if you do not care to read troughout the website (thats for King Cobra :) )
    Vesak Day is the Birthday of the Buddha [/B][/QUOTE]

All right, easy big guy.

I usually still take the time to read people's websites and I read that. I only posted a background information with my post for those who may have felt lazy, for whatever reason.

BTW, nice sarcasm. :)

Fear the King.

12. macrumors regular

I start german 101 June first!
    Anyway no plans all my friends are out of town. :( So it looks like I will be spending a lot of time on the boards.

13. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

yep, it is official. I am jealous. I have to go drag myself into work tomorrow. Alas, my boss doesn't want to miss out on any opportunity to bring money into his company. Well, think about me tomorrow as you all enjoy your day off.

14. macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: Memorial day

For some unknown reason my sangha celebrated Vesak Day last weekend, despite my protests that Vesak Day was not, in fact, last weekend. Damned Americans. :D

I'm in such a good mood... just had dinner with an old girlfriend and had such a nice time... beer, good food, beautiful company... ::sigh:: i miss having a life, sometimes :D

15. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Well then, Backtothemac, I guess you don't want to hear how I have all of this week off. :D We have summer hours in effect now, which gives me roughly every other Friday off. I just hope that the weather is nice tomorrow, so that I can ride the Harley. I don't ride it in the rain.

16. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Dolt!!! Man, that is just not fair. Well, I have off Friday, and me and my daughter are going to have a daddy daughter day. Then Saturday we are going to have a yard sale. Her Mom is going to Louisiana on Saturday for a wedding, so it should be interesting.

Well, I can say enjoy your week, and try to get on here an post every once in a while.
    :cool:

17. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    nothing too exciting.

help the mrs finish painting her office a nice mellow lavender(after 10 years of running other people's companies, she's hung out her own shingle-yippee!).

we'll steal away for a relaxed lunch together then later head with the kiddo over to a neighbor's house for a cookout and some of my famous margs. the kids will play in the sandbox and the adults will shoot the breeze.

simple and sweet.

18. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'll be attending the commissioning of a friend of mine. He's headed out to Pensacola flight school.

Other than that, relaxing, doing house work...maybe working on a secret project of my own...

19. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hmm... hopefully some golf if the weather's nice.

and sit around. as usual... could maybe see a movie or go bowling too. that can be fun.

20. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

man, i love bowling. me and the mrs went bowling on our first date-totally unplanned. i knew she was THE ONE when she put on those blue and red shoes with her nice dress and just went for it; not a self-conscious bone in her body.

maybe we'll sneak in some bowling tomorrow-that would be choice.

thanks for the idea.

21. macrumors 68000

SilvorX

up here in canada we dont get holliday for memorial day, we do get remembrance day in november, n v-day is coming up soon (or else tomorrow but i'm confused lol) but we only get remembrance day off

22. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

well in the past i've posed ideas that were a bit more.... off the wall shall we say. glad this "normal" one went over so well... ha

that's a cute story. i went to a concert with my girlfriend. she had a boyfriend at the time.... but i suppose i shan't go on about that since this is about memorial day... so. done.

23. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

can i say that this new idea of staying on topic BLOWS!

what we get are a series of "i do this" & "i do that" without any interaction. its killed the discussion.

the unmitigated egotistical gall...

24. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

And a chant begins to rise up from the ranks of MacRumors members. It can be heard just barely drifting on the breeze, but it slowly increases in volume and pitch:

MUTINY! MUTINY! MUTINY! MUTINY! MUTINY! MUTINY!

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

well... there's always pm and whatnot.... as i've recently discovered.... ha

i agree, it's not much fun. not much spontaneity. excitement. joking. etc.

as for the last line.... what? (i'm dumb, i know)

bowl me a turkey!