Menlo Park, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by tjespo22, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

anyone going to be there for the iphone 3g? i was on line for iphonev1 and ill be there for this one.

espo

2. rom
    macrumors regular

If I were staying with the in-laws in Edison, I'd be there to line up as well. :D

3. macrumors newbie

yeah me and the girl should be there.:D

4. macrumors member

I'm from Staten Island also, wasn't sure if I was going to stay on the island or go to Menlo Park...I'll probably end up going there, though.

5. macrumors member

this will be my 2nd stop if my 1st option fails.

6. macrumors regular

I was also there on day one. I got there around 2:30 pm last time and the line was already next to Abercrombie. This time I will show up around 6 pm but I know that the lines will be so much longer. There is also an ATT store right next to it but I doubt they will have as many iphone 3g's in stock like the Apple store. I hope they dont sell out before midnight.

7. macrumors newbie

dswinograd

ill be there

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

im getting there early like i did for the first launch, i was #6 out of 250+ ppl. i dont want to go to the one in staten island just becuase there will be a bunch of rich bro's there saying yo bro this phone is the best bro you know bro? i cant take that b.s so ill be at menlo!

tom

9. macrumors member

haha that's the exact same thing I was thinking.

10. macrumors 68000

BeyondtheTech

My brother and I took the day off, so we'll be there on line at the Apple store. I'll be wearing my custom designed iPhone 3G shirt. LOL

11. macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G release

Hey Everyone,

It looks like the Iphone will be released at 8 AM on July 11th. Is anyone going to show up on July 10th and stay over?

Macs&Mazdas

12. macrumors member

I'll be at AT&T which is right across for the Apple store, because I'm switching over from Verizon... still not sure what time ill be there, but I was thinking something like 6am.

13. macrumors newbie

dswinograd

im in the same boat...im gonna go to the att store accross from apple because im switching from verizon and need to port my number...i wonder if they will open before the rest of the stores in the mall or if we have to wait till the mall opens

14. macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat, so it looks like I will be heading to the AT&T store as well. Can the Apple store assist with the port or is it only the AT&T store? To help along with the port I'm bringing a copy of my last wireless bill from Verizon but is there anything else I'm going to need? On the AT&T iReady video they make mention of having your password or PIN (if applicable), is this something we would have?

15. macrumors newbie

What can I expect at 8am, July 11th?

For anyone who went to Menlo for the last launch... how early did you have to get there? Was the mall open or did you have to wait outside?

How many should we expect lined up at 8am?

I'm trying to decide if I need to take a day off of work or if I can go in late. Any advice will be much appreciated.

16. macrumors newbie

dswinograd

i wasnt there for the first launch but my friend is a manager at the apple store and he said that they wont let people in the mall untill it opens...and the mall dosnt open till 10am...he isnt sure yet if he can persuade mall security to allow them open at 8, i guess when the day gets closer we will hear more.

i cant take the day off of work so if they cant open till 10 ill be going to an att store that opens at 8...

17. macrumors newbie

I called the Apple store yesterday, and they said they will be open at 8, but they didn't know where we'd be able to line up.

I usually start work at 8. I'm trying to adjust my schedule so I can wait for them to open.

-Rob

18. macrumors 6502a

born4sky

so far not a lot people. I'd probably will be there by 9 am

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

has anyone been there recently? is there ppl on line yet?

thanks
    tom

20. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i just called, they said the mall will open at 8m but wont be open all night to let us stay inside.
    espo

21. macrumors 6502a

Sweet. I'll go on my way to work in the morning.

22. macrumors member

Nice, I'll be there bright and early. I just wish we knew what entrance we should be at...Are you guys thinking first or second floor?

23. macrumors newbie

I'm stopping by the mall on my way home from work this afternoon and will ask about where to line up outside. Hopefully either the Apple store or mall security will know.

I'd have to figure it should either be a 2nd level entrance close to the store, or 1 of the 1st level entrances that open at 7:30 for mall-walking. But I'll let you know what I find out later.

24. macrumors 6502a

Cool, let me know tonight

25. macrumors regular

so i guess no one will be in staten island... sweeet.. i will have to deal with all the meatheads myself... thanks guys