Men's Wallet Recomendations

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'm a college student looking for a new wallet. My currently wallet is soft leather and it gets a little sweaty in my pocket. I think its partly due to the material and the heat involved in having it in my back pocket but either way I'm looking for something new....

I'd like something thats
    -hard leather (probably black)
    -Billfold
    -I don't need too many credit card holders, i have an 1 atm, 1 CC, 2 ID's and thats it.
    -something thats a not too thick because all that should make it bunch is my little amounts of cash
    -not too expensive

Well since this is a day to day item for the average guy I'm hoping to get some guidance. If you have a recomendation please include a link is possible and a price range. Thanks in advance for your help ...

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Are you looking for something more stylish / upscale or more plain / functional?

I like Kenneth Cole. They have excellent products and aren't too expensive, considering they're a brand name.

Their "Passing Lane" wallet might be a good match for you ... for $25, you get the wallet, an aluminum box and a matching chrome / black keyfob.

Unfortunately I didn't see it in stock anywhere. :/

Here is an eBags link, though:

http://www.ebags.com/info/Compare/i...rchart=19688&Sub_Site_ID=20&inactiveRedir=yes

3. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

You can probably find a kit to make your own wallet. They tend to be fairly thin and it's cool to have one that you made yourself. I still use the wallet my dad made for me at Scout camp when I was twelve.

4. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'm not up for making one my own .... i like my wallet to be functional, style isn't key, and i durability above most other things

5. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Since you are in the frat thing, better get one with the right logo :p and stylish ofcourse

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I like Fossil for wallets... OK construction (pretty much all leather wallets are made cheaply), usually pretty good leather, and plenty of storage throughout. But the leather is usually pretty soft, tho they do make harder leather, you'll have to go feel a couple at a store to know... I think their billfolds have a lot of slots for cards, but just ignore the rest. I envy you for having so few cards... Between two IDs, three credit cards, debit card, library card, membership cards, insurance cards (like 4 of those)... my wallet is currently a checkbook wallet, and i'm even outgrowing that. Every time i take something out, i need it the first time i'm out. Of course, i've started leaving my wallet at home more often because it's so big, which really defeats the purpose...

Come to think of it, i need a second wallet, or maybe a money clip. No, wait, i'm in a higher tax bracket than that. Wallet it is. To the Fossil store!

paul

7. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i never got a bid for the frat ...

8. Brettla macrumors regular

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My friend can make you a wallet out of electrical tape...

10. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

That sucks! :mad:

11. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i got a leather wallet for 4.97 at walmart. that's where i buy all my wallets. the way i think of it, what's the point of buying a wallet if you spent all your cash on the wallet soyou have nothing to put in it. come to think of it, i go there at least 3-4 times a week, more during the summer...i spend all my money on electronics so i dont have much left over for useless junk like wallets and clothes and school supplies...

12. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

i have a great timberland wallet. hard leather, fairly thin...tj maxx and it's affiliates have really cheap name-brand wallets.

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Oh yeah, Walmart is great for little crap like this... Especially if you like supporting a company that doesn't promote women, leaves it's workers locked in stores all night (the non-24-hour ones), destroys small local business, holds voter referendums to avoid being subject to building regulations, hires illegal immigrants to pay them substandard wages, and is currently setting up shop on top of ruins in Mexico... Yeah, they're great. The $1 you saved on the wallet should buy you peace of mind :)

paul

14. GeorgeTheMonkey macrumors member

Two words:

Duct Tape.

Original, zany, and dirt cheap. Plus, it's darn cool to say that you made it yourself. :D

Electrical tape works too, as mentioned, but I kinda like to go the classy, duct tape route. It's the one-and-only way. :)

15. veedubdrew macrumors regular

I'd heartily recommend a Tumi wallet. Tumi makes really great stuff. It's a bit pricey, but it lasts. I've had my Tumi wallet for two years and it still looks new. I also have a few Coach wallets but they don't seem to be terribly durable.

-Drew

16. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i love the mini one from ducttapefashions.com. dirt cheap and awesome! im buying one as soon as my sale of a md walkman goes thur :D

17. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

18. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i'm not the duct tape kind of guy, things look pretty interesting but i'll probably try to goto a local tj max over the next few weeks and look at what they have there.

19. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Kwijibo, if you wanted to try a different route, a fairly nice (and thin) cigarette case is a suggestion. Hard-cased, efficient and vaguely classy...

As for regular wallets, you might want to check out some hemp wallets...very durable and functional.

FWIW...

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I may take up your suggestion for a hemp wallet. I hate leather, including leather running shoes, car interiors, and yes, leather wallets. I have an O'Neill nylon wallet. Its similar to the Quiksilver or Riptide wallets out there with the velcro. Nothing says class like the sound of velcro every time you take your wallet out. :cool:

Oh my....that's what I was looking for years ago. I found it, but I was with my mom, and she told me I wasn't allowed to have it.

21. balticgreen macrumors member

I'll second the Fossil suggestion. I've had one for a while and am happy with it. :)

22. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Any wallet with a woman proof lock on it should do the trick ;) :D

23. medea macrumors 68030

medea