Menu bar gone crazy?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Totalshock, May 4, 2004.

1. Totalshock macrumors member

Has anyone else encountered problems with the menu bar randomly deciding or not deciding to display icons or options? Recently, it seems that when I reboot by Powerbook 12 (reva), there's a good chance that the icons for Bluetooth, Fast User Switching and iSync will likely be gone from my menu bar. Airport, volume, battery, and any external menu bar items show up withou any difficulty.

It seems to be somewhat random, and each time I check in Preferences (or in iSync prefs) the option to show the non-appearing icon on the menubar, is still checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Try repairing permissions. Applications-->Utilities-->Disk Utility.

3. Totalshock thread starter macrumors member

Permissions fixing helped a lot, but that pesky Bluetooth icon refuses to display with each bootup. Everything else works fine. In SysPrefs, "Show Bluetooth in Menu Bar" is still enabled. I have to uncheck it an re-check it to make the BT icon appear.

4. dstorey macrumors 6502a

I have same problem. With mine it is clock (pain in behind), bluetooth, airport and always the power icon. The power one is the worst as you have to click on the lock to reenable it and it doesnt warn you when the power is out. All of them un tick themselves in system pref except bluetooth which is still enabled but doesnt show untill you un tick thenre tick.

restoring permissions does not work