menu bar item problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by bcleland, Nov 3, 2003.

1. bcleland macrumors member

I searched the seach for this problem no real luck.
    Everytime I restart panter I have to turn my airport, time and date, battery, monitor and bluetooth icon back to show in menu bar. Before Panther everything seemed to stay in place.

What gives?

2. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

Every time I restart (or start up) I get the Desktop folder showing up in that nifty new sidebar. I don't really need it there and now I have to toss it out every time.

3. mik macrumors newbie

I cannot get anything to stay in the menu bar under Panther. On startup, all the icons I have previously selected to appear in the menu bar, start marching across it from the right side of the screen, then they disappear, then start again. They continue in this way for a few minutes and then disappear completely. It is totally infuriating, and means I cannot check check connection status, time, bluetooth etc.

By the way, Initial installation was over Jaguar 2.8.

How Apple can sell a high-priced system upgrade that is so buggy (yes, I am discovering new ones all the time - eg: I can no longer use my Microtek scanner as Panther crashes ScanWizard 7.10 each time I launch it), is beyond me.

4. Patrick Bateman macrumors member

My new ibook seems to act weird too. I can tell a slight difference when filevault is on too, seems more weird. My bluetooth usually doesn't go to the menu bar but sometime does. And now the internet connection sometimes doesn't get up there. Also had a problem with the trackpad preferences at first as they wouldn't stay where I wanted them. Now they do. Don't know what's different. Any word on these problems?