Menu blinking

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gtimark, Nov 6, 2005.

1. gtimark macrumors member

Hello,

I've been away from Mac for a couple of years. But, I recently returned when I bought a used iBook G4, running OS 10.3. I can't seem to turn off the "menu blinking" option that I was able to when I had OX 9.1 running on my last Mac.

Any ideas, or am I stuck with the studdering flash (after I click the mouse on the desired folder) that occurs before the OS decides to execute the command?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Mark

2. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

menu blinking option? when i click on something with my mouse (i'm running 10.4.3), it either highlights or opens it...don't really know what your talkin' about...sorry :(

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Apple seem to have decided that in OS X, the menu shall blink once and only once, not zero or three times. They took the option away because people liked it.

4. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid of that. :( Oh well, at least it's only once. Who likes that anyway?? And, thanks for the quick response!

Mark

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'd much prefer they gave us an option...I always hated having menu blinking on in OS 9, and while it isn't quite so apparent in OS X it still grinds me on occasion. The lack of general interface customizability in OS X is my only and biggest gripe.