1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Mercedes Benz & iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nipz, Jun 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hi all,

I am not able to pair my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 with my Merc. Anyone else having the same issue?

P.S. please restrain yourself from saying "its a beta"!

2. macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Did it work before you had iOS 7? If so I'm sure it's a Bluetooth bug with iOS 7. It is a _____.

3. macrumors 65816

Nipz

haha!

Yep all good before. My brother is running iOS 7 in his VW and working as normal for him.

4. macrumors 6502

Not entirely the same but I had a problem with my Scion on a beta of iOS 5 or 6. I'm sure it is just a bug because it was sorted out by the end for me. Is it just not seeing the car's system on your phone? Other than clearing the Bluetooth memory of both devices and pairing again I can't think of anything.

5. macrumors 65816

Nipz

The car can see my iPhone but then fails to sync... :/ i cant find my car from my iPhone.

6. macrumors 6502a

tardman91

It's all the little annoying stuff like this that's making me wait for a couple more beta releases before I have my friend add me to his developer account.

7. macrumors 65816

Nipz

Other than that I haven't found anything that makes me wish I held off. Hopefully another beta out on Tuesday.

8. macrumors 6502a

Works with both mine n the mrs smart cars, 'technically' Mercs
    :D

Dave

9. macrumors 6502

Bluetooth pairing is working perfectly between iOS 7 and my 2013 BMW. I have also successfully paired my iOS 7 phone with Infiniti, Nissan, Lexus, Buick and Cadillac cars which I rented at Hertz in the past couple of weeks (I travel a lot).

10. macrumors 68000

DustinT

It's working fine in my Honda and Mini Cooper... Also working great with Jawbone gear. Maybe just delete the BT profiles for the car from your phone. Then delete the phone profiles from your car... Re-sync and see if it all works then.

11. macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

I have a 4S running iOS 7 paired with my Merc without any problems.

12. macrumors regular

I have a 1993 Plymouth Sundance and I'm having trouble connecting with iOS 7's beta. Must be a bug, anybody else have the same issue?

13. macrumors regular

Yes, I'm not able to use my bluetooth in my moms 2013 merc C350 . It will not come up as the listed bluetooth. I can play it with a AUX cord though but not USB (theres a USB plug in her glove department) But the USB didn't work with ios 6 either i think......

I have a sony car stereo receiver http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666467653 thats hooked up to my Plymouth Breeze (1998) and it runs fine on USB (the sony receiver has a usb port too!) and even AUX... How did you try to hook up a iphone with a 1993 plymouth anyways?... do you also have a receiver?

14. macrumors 601

PNutts

Like with iOS 6, it's all about what the head unit is capable of. More specifically, how it complies with BT standards. With that said, I haven't tried to pair iOS 7 to my Honda.

15. macrumors 68040

chrf097

I just was able to successfully pair my iPhone 5 to my mom's 2011 GLK350.

What model do you have?

16. macrumors regular

I do not have a receiver. I can't find the eyes-free Siri button on my steering wheel.

17. macrumors 68020

spencers

That sucks. Still works fine in my bimmer.

18. macrumors newbie

I have a 2013 MB C250, and the bluetooth is working without any issue on iOS7.

19. macrumors 65816

Nipz

I have an 2013 SLK...

After about an hour of messing around this morning, i finally got it to work!! Didn't do anything differently just kept going lol

20. macrumors 68040

chrf097

...you have a 1993 Plymouth...
    Not even 1993 Ferraris had Bluetooth bro. If you don't have a receiver how are you connecting your phone and if it's a 1993 car why are you expecting a siri-button???

21. macrumors 65816

GenesisST

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

----------

Nose, meet coffee. Coffee, meet nose... :D

22. macrumors 6502a

Parise

Can vouch for this. 7 and VW works fine.

23. macrumors regular

I'm switching to android.

24. macrumors 6502a

monkeybagel

It may help if you specify the year and model of the car you are referring to. There are several COMAND revisions and external/internal devices that Mercedes-Benz uses to connect the iPhone to the in-car telematics.

25. macrumors 68040

chrf097

Because it's so easy to tell when sarcasm is being used online