mercenaries 2 latest screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Feb 15, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's not very often when a game studio publish latest screenshots that are lets just say 'a bit' dissapointing, compared to what was shown at E3 2006.

Seriously these are awful and would make you think they are on PS2 / Xbox and not PS3 :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Forget about the graphics and take a look at the characters.

:eek:

That has got to be some of the most clichéd and downright awful character design I've seen in a very long time.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I was really looking forward to this game, but if the screenshots are acurate they can forget about it.

4. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

5. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Doesn't mean it won't be fun... :p :rolleyes:

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sure thats not for the PSP....because they look really dated for a next gen game.

Rastaman with a gun in his hand:rolleyes: ...wheres the joint....well that one would be spot on.

Bless

7. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

It only proves how silly people sound when they say "graphics don't matter"

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They don't. Point is if your going to spend all that money on a system to begin with and you got a super fast GPU pushing out them kind of graphics = bad. It's not silly, just look at DS/PSP or Wii/PS3 sales. It's all about what you get for your money.

9. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

The first Mercenaries game has some pretty spiffy graphics for xbox/PS2 and these appear to have some more detailed textures. It's also important to remember that these GTA/sandbox type games emphasise size and expanse over detail. Also keep in mind almost every object shown will be destructable. The explosions and devestation in the last game was the most impressive graphical asset. Let's just hope you can destoy the trees in this version. Seriously you could carpet bomb an entire villiage and all the trees would still be standing (around nothing else). Mercenaries is a great used game pick up if you still haven't played it. GTA with tanks. Lots of tanks.

10. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I see your point, I'm definitely a DS/Wii guy over a PSP/PS3/360 guy but that still doesn't mean graphics are not part of the experience.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Of course, me too. I'm still waiting for a game to be better than Mario World. Even I'd be annoyed if I spent £430 and got them screenshots.

I don't think the "free roam" applies much, look at Saints Row. Quite detailed. Though personally I'm still waiting for a game with some kind of room generating system that could actually fill up those tower blocks. Actually make the city a city. Make the residents cook, run out of food and go buy some more. Surely with the Cell and Xenon this is possible?

12. darkwing macrumors 65816

I agree. Mario world was a fantastic game. I still play it today.

Of course, it had great graphics for its time. If you're a Wii/DS person then there is no graphics experience, because they're only slightly better than GC/N64.

And yes, those mercenaries 2 screenshots look pretty horrible. Take out those characters and put the A-Team in and I'll play.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wow, no graphics experience? I wonder what Oblivion, Prey, CoD3 are doing on my computer :rolleyes:

14. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

You've got CoD3 on your computer?;)

I did check out the latest game informer, with different screen shots, and It does look MUCH better in those.

15. darkwing macrumors 65816

COD3 on the computer == .iso ;)

I asked my mom, who is not a gamer at all, and she didn't like those screenshots either.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oopsy, nope it's CoD2. I have CoD3 on the Wii and 2 on PC.