Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schimanke

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
i did try downloading it with firefox, but it still saves on my desktop as pretty much nothing. it shows a file but when i click on the update it says its updating the carrier, but the carrier file is still the same after the "update", means something must be wrong with the way i have downloaded the file.

Too bad. I have only German carrier bundles. But I guess Google might be a help.

GCmini

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Chino Hills
From what i can find the only difference is the ipod icon is actually level with all the others hahaha other than that there are no other visible changes. lol
:(

gigidey

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2008
I'm not a developer, so I won't be getting B3. But I can't wait to find out whats inside of it. :)

SAG3194

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Small find but its something!

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo-30.jpg
    photo-30.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 11,177

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Just a friendly reminder... discussion of pirating software is not permitted on MacRumors, including discussion of any means of getting the iPhone firmware outside of being a registered developer. Please refrain from such. Don't use this thread to ask for or promote torrent sites or other ways to get the firmware. Don't use this thread to beg developers to add you to their account as "sub-developers."

We ask that you comply with these rules because MR is a private site and discussion of piracy places its owner at potential risk and thereby threatens the community as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding.

aslucher

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2008
downloading now, can the 3g manually close apps yet?????? hasnt been working in any of the beta buillds

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
There was a rumor that it is related to Safari. Have you tried to download it with Firefox?

I just used Safari and it worked fine, granted it is Safari 4 beta.

i did try downloading it with firefox, but it still saves on my desktop as pretty much nothing. it shows a file but when i click on the update it says its updating the carrier, but the carrier file is still the same after the "update", means something must be wrong with the way i have downloaded the file.

Try double clicking the file and extracting it. It downloads as a .zip and then you have to unzip it. It will look like a lego block when it is the proper format.

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
Could it be that they're removing the ability to hold down the home button to force quit apps? Seems like it would be pretty easy to enable in these betas, so I find it strange that it doesn't work.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Wow! Another example of how TheSpaz does NOT know everything!
Wonderful. We need as many as these as we can.
Maybe eventually he'll get it.

It was a prediction... just like everything else in the thread. I just decided to be the opposite... no big deal!

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
I'm gonna go ahead and say there will be NO NEW BETA today and then everyone's going to be disappointed by the end of the day when they don't see one. Then you'll see that I was right. If I'm wrong... then... sweet, a new beta!

Come again?

As I said... if I'm wrong... sweet, new beta! Geeze. I was going against the grain on this one... haha.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Could it be that they're removing the ability to hold down the home button to force quit apps? Seems like it would be pretty easy to enable in these betas, so I find it strange that it doesn't work.

maybe they are reserving it for something else?

Cask

Jul 14, 2008
There is not going to be a new beta today... Just because it's Tuesday, doesn't mean Apple releases betas only on Tuesdays. I also realize that the last beta was released 10 days BEFORE the previous one expired, but they have a 10 day window to play with so why does it HAVE to be released today?

I think it will be out by Friday, but I don't think it will be today... I'm just not feeling it.

Another accurate "prediction" by TheSpaz. Maybe you shouldn't trust your feelings, they don't make you look good. Or maybe you should try a different approach: Don't state what you think as it was a fact.

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Just a friendly reminder... discussion of pirating software is not permitted on MacRumors, including discussion of any means of getting the iPhone firmware outside of being a registered developer. Please refrain from such. Don't use this thread to ask for or promote torrent sites or other ways to get the firmware. Don't use this thread to beg developers to add you to their account as "sub-developers."

We ask that you comply with these rules because MR is a private site and discussion of piracy places its owner at potential risk and thereby threatens the community as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding.

Do you have the link to download? We needed it to make a jailbreak

he asked nicely

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.