[MERGED] Post your twitter link

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MST, Feb 16, 2009.

1. MST
    macrumors 6502

I'm fairly new to Twitter and "tweeting" so I was hoping that some of my fellow MR members might like to exchange Twitter usernames, at the moment my following list looks pretty sparse and my list of followers even sparser! In fact it's a pretty sad state of affairs :eek:

So if anyone wants to follow me my username is: mst150684

2. macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

i use it, but why would you want strangers to follow you and you to follow them?! do you care what someone else is doing if you don't even know the person?

not me my friend.

3. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm @kellyhuberty

I don't think twitter has really caught on anywhere except the coasts. I'm in the Midwest and nobody is really on it. I rarely even tweet, cause I know no one who'll listen. It's sad. Facebook seems where it's at right now.

4. macrumors 65816

barr08

@barr08

Mine is pretty boring - you've been warned

5. macrumors 65816

I'll just post here every time I buy a coffee or read the newspaper.

The reason Twitter hasn't caught on so much is that most people (like me) just don't get it. Maybe if I had an extremely active social life and was always spontaneously meeting people places, then possibly. But since the average person isn't like that, they just don't see the point in posting about daily habits. It's like friends who are chronic Facebook status updaters...drives me nuts. I don't care that you are drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. That is just not interesting in the slightest.

But when I used to be on tour with 50 other people my age in a different city every week, I think it might have been a pretty cool and useful thing.

6. macrumors 6502a

I agree. I'm in Omaha, NE and nobody uses twitter. I have an account, so the day it catches on and my friends use it I'll be ready, but all people use here is Facebook. Our local newspaper has had some articles on Twitter and saying how great it is, but people still refuse to use it ;)

7. macrumors regular

8. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

9. macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

10. macrumors 6502

Saikou

I'm in Omaha too, and I use it. ;)

I usually just use it to follow interesting people who have more to say than just "so and so is taking a crap / brushing their teeth / studying chemistry." Kevin rose generally has some interesting links on his twitter, so I follow him.

11. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I use the same user name for everything so you can guess what my twitter user name is.

Right now I have 2,757 tweets. You *might* consider me a frequent tweeter.

Message me if you're going to add me, because I normally block people who I see as random.

12. macrumors regular

Maldini

I don't tweet that much but hey here is mine

@mighty_milan

:)

13. macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

14. macrumors 6502a

MatLane

15. macrumors 6502a

here's mine: twitter.com/alastairmogford

I tweet about technology and general stuff I find thats wired or interesting... lol.

And, lets not forget arn's (the macrumors god) twitter: twitter.com/arnoldkim

That's not really the point. You use Facebook statuses to keep in contact with freinds/relatives. Twitter is more for following others who have the same interests as you... or at least thats the way I see it.

16. macrumors 6502

Here's mine, which I update fairly regularly. Not with anything very exciting, just with what i'm up to.

www.twitter.com/timmys

17. macrumors 6502a

18. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know about the rest of the Midwest, but Twitter is fairly popular in Chicago....

19. macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

20. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

Not to sound like a troll, but what's the actual charm (or use, even) of Twitter? It seems to me it doesn't do anything Myspace or Facebook can't do, and I can only find marginal merit in Myspace and virtually none in Facebook.

Maybe I'm getting old. ):

21. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

It's all with the people you know. Some people I know I contact better with Twitter, some better with facebook, and others email.

Just like you wouldn't see any merit in AIM if all your friends use MSN.

22. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

+1. Very well-said.

Still, I'm afraid I might be out of touch - even texting back and forth incessantly doesn't make sense to me. A phone call could have completed the conversation in 2 minutes, and I even hate talking on the phone. :)

23. macrumors 604

anjinha

24. macrumors 68000

Pika

25. macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Post your twitter link

Mine is in my sig.
    I just joined twitter looking for interesting people to follow.