Merry Christmas to all of you in and near New Zealand

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Dec 24, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    It just turned Christmas Eve (December 24th) over here in mostly sunny California in the good old USA. Do you folks over there have Christmas stockings, eggnog, presents wrapped in tacky paper, Santa Claus, and...he he...out of control Christmas shopping?

I don't suspect anybody, other than a few scientists on the south pole are having a white, snowy Christmas morning right at this moment

It's kind of weird when New Zealand celebrates the New Year since we here in the states are many hours away from that point and very few people are drinking then...but if they are, the cops will surely catch them ;)
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    Yes, all of the above except eggnog. It's 9:50 PM now, so just over 2 hours to go.

We have had unseasonably cold and wet weather recently. A couple of days ago we had a hailstorm that covered the ground in some places, I think that's about as close as we'll get to a white Christmas.
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    And I guess we should say Merry Christmas to all the Fijiians out there, since the International Dateline passes through Fiji, if I remember correctly.
  4. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Well Christmas comes late for me this year...I am in chilly London online at a Starbucks. Merry Christmas to all downunder.
  5. aus_dave macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    Merry Christmas to you aswitcher, say g'day to the Poms for me :D.

You are not missing much hot weather, apart from Perth there aren't too many places expecting a scorcher for Christmas Day. The beers will still taste just as good though :cool:.
  6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i just woke up and it's still christmas eve...i suppose most of the world's population is into december 25th

i have to work today, in a part time job at a crowded mall store, so the hustle and bustle is not over for me yet...and that sucks big time