Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Odd...I noticed if I get a text or email and am waking it up it actually vibs twice...it's not two messages or two emails. If it's back and forth and not asleep it only does it once. What would cause this?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Try Settings > Notifcations > Messages > Repeat Alert > Never

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
That's not it. It's some sort of bug. Mine does the exact same thing. I posted a thread about it yesterday.

I had the exact problem as OP and just shared what worked for me. My phone doesn't vibrate twice anymore.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I had the exact problem as OP and just shared what worked for me. My phone doesn't vibrate twice anymore.

My phone is set to "Never" and it alerts twice. Was yours just doing it twice at the two minute interval? I believe the OP is talking about the same problem I am having, where incoming messages alert twice, about 2 seconds after the first alert. It's especially annoying when the phone isn't on silent and I get two audio notifications instead of just the vibrate.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
My phone is set to "Never" and it alerts twice. Was yours just doing it twice at the two minute interval? I believe the OP is talking about the same problem I am having, where incoming messages alert twice, about 2 seconds after the first alert. It's especially annoying when the phone isn't on silent and I get two audio notifications instead of just the vibrate.

I actually believe it was vibrating at the 2 minute interval.

It would vibrate when a text was received, I would unlock the phone and read the message, then lock the phone. Later on it would vibrate again and I would have no new notifications.

I turned off the repeat alert and it hasn't done it since.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America

Mine does this as well. I've double-checked the notifications repeat alert setting and it is set to "never"...still repeats.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
This has been an intermittent problem since the iphone 4S came out.

If it sounds like you got 2 text messages at the same time, its a bug.

If you get a regular text notification and then a minute later, get notified of it again, then you just need to modify your alert settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.