messed up the default icons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by heaven, Sep 9, 2005.

1. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

I ve managed somehow to mess up the default icon folder of my system. Can anyone tell me where i can download that folder and then just paste it into the directory?

Thank you all in advance 4 helping

2. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

I have the same problem (I think, at least partially). My mac won't display a little "preview" icon (being either the icon for the preview app or an actual preview of the file). It just displays a blank page icon for jpegs etc until I use a third party app like "Pinki" to make a real preview icon.

I'm very interested to find out if there is a way to restore the default icons as well.

Thanks
    -MacBWizard

3. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

You could always just create a new user account... then cut and paste them over.

4. heaven thread starter macrumors 6502a

heaven

Just tried that one, but there are the same messed up icons. Could someone upload theirs and pm me the link? Because i need it really badly :(

5. heaven thread starter macrumors 6502a

heaven

Ok, i ve found a solution to that one. Just mount your Tiger DVD, go to System --> Library --> CoreServices copy "CoreTypes.bundle" and replace with this the one on your HD. You might need to change the permissons in the "Get Info" findow for doing that.

After u ve done that, repair permissions and restart your mac.

Every icon should be back 2 normal!

Enjoy