Messenger Quits when Files Received

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kardashian, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hey there!

I'm using Microsoft Messenger, and whenever I receive a file, it quits just as the process begins.

I'm using a G5 iMac, and this has never happened with this version of Messenger on an iBook or Minis.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled. I have also deleted any Preference files, and let Messenger reinstall those.

All of this is to no avail. I'm thinking there is some corrupt file that I haven't deleted?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ta :)

2. Paragon macrumors member

Paragon

I think I recall a similar experience; I dismissed it as a fluke, or the result of someone timing out somewhere :p

If it persists, www.adiumx.com could always be another option, although I see no reason why you would need to leave the messenger you're using now. What was the file being transferred/how long did it take, etc?

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Urm.. it gets to the stage of Accept/Decline.. I accept, I get the progress bar, and SOMETIME a tiny bit of blue to show that its receiving something, but more often than not, it will just quit around 3 seconds after clicking Accept.

I don't get a message saying Messenger has quit, reopen, report etc - nothing like that.

I can send files fine, just not receive. This has never happened before, until I installed it on my G5.

Sorry, don't like Adium. I love Messenger, now that it doesn't kick me off persistantly like the older versions.

As for the size, some have been photos (Camera phone size - 10K) others have been Photoshop items (1MB) and others have been MP3's (3MB)

Nothing works. :confused: