Metal Gear 3 Video Leaked?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, May 9, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I was browsing ign and I cam across this. I guess we get to watch it because since its leaked and they probably can't charge to watch it. Looks like a new Metal Gear Solid. Although I like Splinter Cell more, you can never get enough of Metal Gear and Solid Snake. In case the video gets pulled just let me know and Ill host it on my iDisk. I think this link is good.

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMedia...rl=http://ps2.ign.com/objects/536/536086.html

iJon

2. void macrumors 6502

It looks great, cant wait for it. Snake Eater huh? lweird name for a great game
    -void

3. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I wonder if it was really "leaked" or if konami just wanted to make it look that way to generate more publicity. I read somewhere that whoever posted it was named Deepthroat and posted it on some Chinese server. If anybody knows metal gear, Deepthroat is a character in the game.

4. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

ah yes, ninja from zanzabar, i think his name was gray fox or something, cant remember, also related to naomi. damn that was a great game.

iJon

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Oh god that clip is really low res, I mean they made it larger and I think somehow distorted it...

6. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

News of Metal Gear Solid 3 hit me by surprise. I honestly did not expect a revision any time soon, least of all for this console generation.

Metal Gear Solid easily boasted the best graphics of a PS2 game, and if further optimizations were made, one can only imagine what may result.

Now if only they'd add multiplayer to the mix....

7. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

i think it happened so quickly because of e3, i think e3 was today. it will be good to be back in the jungle. ill have to decide to get it for xbox or ps2. someone answer this for me. my friend said he played it on teh xbox and it seemed choppier for some reason than the ps2 version. the reason i am asking is because the xbox has better hardware, so i wanna get the first version, but if metal gear doesnt work right on xbox then i will get it for ps2. anyone care to comment who hav eplayed bothe versions.

iJon

8. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

It is entirely possible that the PS2 version will be released first, as was done with Metal Gear Solid 2. Konami has spent years optimizing their code for the PS2 and has really only begun to move into the XBox and GameCube markets.

BTW, I finally hit 500 posts and picked up an avatar. This took me months to do; I can't imagine those that manage 500 in a few weeks (or less).

9. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

wel konami just announced metal gear 3:snake eater today. it will be exclusive to the ps2.a 12 minute movie trailer was released. new grand theft auto will be a ps2 exclusive too. once again xbox users are left in the dust with 2 hot games, luckily i have both. although halo 2 looked very impressive. i am so overwhelmed by all the new games that were announced. new need for spee, ninja turtles game, grand theft auto, metal gear, syphon filter, and many many more. ah it will be agreat year for games.

iJon

10. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

This year more than any other year will be the highlight of each console, as developers now have a feel for each system and its proper optimizations.

With news that new consoles may not be ready for several years, this gives developers a sense of relief: no need to learn everything again and time to devote to their running series.

:cool: It's great.

11. garzy macrumors regular

A remake of of Metal Gear Solid for PS is coming out on Gamecube! Its gonna be called MGS:twin snakes
    but Konami is not gonna develop it, Silicon Knights is
    they made Eternal Darkness for Gamecube, which was an awesome game

http://cube.ign.com/articles/400/400331p1.html

in my opinion, MGS was way better than MGS2