Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
I ripped my Family Guy collection and tried tagging all of them under "TV Show," but MetaX put them in my goddamn movies. That's like 100+ files I have to manually tag in iTunes. Any fix around this?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Lostify is made for TV Shows MetaX was made for Movies Mainly, Lostify Is Just Better in many ways

iClamp

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Not to disagree with anyone, but I have been tagging everything with MetaX. TV shows, movies, and music videos. It has an area under the 'video' tab that is TV Show specific. Once the file is properly tagged,.. just send the iTunes.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I just like it more i tried it once in MetaX an hated it Movies are fine TV Shows aren't in MetaX for me anyways.

ninjaboy2501

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2009
Hi everyone, I just started using MetaX and it has worked great finding the metadata for my movies. But every time I try to get the metadata for TV Show episodes it won't deliver any specific information. Does MetaX have the ability to find metadata for specific episodes from a show's season? And if so, do I have to name the file specifically in order for it to look it up properly?

I also downloaded Lostify and was a little disappointed that I had to enter the data for the episodes manually. Is there a function in this program to look up episode specific data that I'm missing here as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.