MetaX tagging TV episode numbers question/feature request

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rotarypower101, Oct 21, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Here is another question this time directed at the metadata side of things for TV shows.

Has anyone figured out a way to tag the episode numbers in MetaX without clicking each individual episode and physically changing each individual episode number by hand?

It would be nice if there were a little box that allowed us to pick a starting point episode number and sequentially rename each following file accordingly.

i.e. for say lost season 1 episode 1, you could enter 1 in the episode box and click a checkbox that went down the list of files and added n+1 chronologically to each individual episode number proceeding it until it gets to the end of season one with a episode number 24. This would take a lot of the legwork out of labeling this particular editing field.

This is very aggravating and I would love to see this feature added to the next revision if at all possible

I would also like to take a moment to sincerely thank the author of MetaX for his selfless work putting together such a indispensible piece of software, of which a lot of our library’s would not look nearly as nice and polished as they do.

Does anyone dealing with this issue agree that this would be a welcome and functional addition to this great piece of software?

2. macrumors 68000

A neat idea, but I don't know if I'd call the lack of this "aggravating" or that it necessarily takes a lot of legwork to type a number for each episode. That said, you'd probably be better off submitting this request to the developer directly as I'm not sure if he visits this forum or not.