Meteorologist users: experienced any issues lately?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brap, Jan 14, 2005.

1. brap macrumors 68000

...because my app seems to be retrieving malformed HTML all of a sudden, and it doesn't know what to parse!

Simplest explanation is that Weather.com have changed their site design significantly, but I never knew what it looked like before. So, ideas? Anyone else getting a big grey '?'...?

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

here is what it looks like it works fine for me!

Attached Files:

3. brap thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry... I should be more specific. I meant Meteorologist users, and not users who happen to like to know what's going on with the weather :D

FYI, the app sits in the menu bar and grabs local weather reports from Weather.com's servers - I believe that's where the issue is..

D'oh!

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

5. Dandaman macrumors 6502

Here too

Yeah, got the same problem here. Gray ? with a reading of the temperature. I just downloaded it's 2.0 alpha version and it says that it cannot connect to the weather servers. Not sure what's going on. It's been like this for a couple of days now.

daniel

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

When I used Meteorologist a while back, it keeps quitting by itself, forcing me to relaunch the app. It's annoying. Does the problem persist in the newer versions?

Eh, not that it matters much really, I'll be using the weather monitor widget thingy in Tiger soon enough.

7. brap thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks... that confirms it, I guess.
    Nope. It was really quite a useful, stable little application. Highly configurable, and freeware. Sigh.

The only other weather app (outside of Konfabulator - payware itself) I"ve found worth considering is payware too... The free version only retrieves US locations! :mad:

8. brap thread starter macrumors 68000