Metroid Corruption might be online after all. Also, some new videos

Discussion in 'Games' started by plinkoman, Sep 16, 2006.

1. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

Check out these videos; the game looks absolutely stunning compared to the e3 videos.
    http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.html

Also it looks like it might have multiplayer after all.

In this interview, it appears they let this slip by:

If this is why they delayed it, then I certainly can't complain.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I certainy can. Am I the only one who thought Prime 2's multiplayer was horrible?

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

[editor's note: at this point the Nintendo PR rep steps in to assert that Metroid has not been confirmed for online play].

That notes there for a reason!!

4. plinkoman thread starter macrumors 65816

plinkoman

mp2 multiplayer didn't exactly thrill me either; but now that it has fps style controls, as well as online; I imagine it will be a lot better.

Considering it will probably be out before I'm done with zelda and red steel and anything else i might get; I can live with it, especially if the multiplayer is anything like hunters was.

to me, that sounds like he slipped up, they want to keep it a secret, and they tried to cover it up.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I wouldn't expect nothing less than to have online mode....With this generation all games like this should have some sort of online content.
    MP3 is coming along really well from those videos.

Bless

6. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

The MP2 multiplayer was the worst ever.
    Unless this is some major improvement, I hope they leave it out.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Metroid Prime Hunters on the other hand was pretty good.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My only criticsim of the game at this stage, do you see the bit in the video where Seamus shoots the aliens and ones behind a pillar. She walks right up to his side, shoots him and he doesnt react. He just stays looking in the wrong direction. Bad AI then on some enemys. Hopefully that can be tweaked before release.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I quite liked Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer. Barring the limited set of modes and maps and no selectable characters, it was following Goldeneye. Just a plain as hell multiplayer that somehow was a blast to play with mates round.

I don't think every game needs online functionality. Just because it's there doesn't mean they should use it. I mean if they took the MP2 multiplayer, made it full screen and online, it would be terrible. Some games are all about local multiplayers (like Mario Kart and Smash Bros).

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Meaning, David Yarnton mentioned Metroid Prime 3's online play, and the Nintendo PR rep with him reminded him, "Shhh, you're not supposed to say that, we haven't confirmed it yet!" ;)

I'd bet Metroid Prime 3 was delayed for online play, the same way Metroid Prime Hunters was. No Wii launch titles are online and the first online title appears to be Pokemon Battle Revolution, coming out at the very end of December in Japan. Any other online titles would be delayed into 2007.

But make it Metroid Prime Hunters style...and it's good.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've been thinking that a Wii version of Hunters was definitely on the cards. It's just been this huge possibility that we all know will happen. Be nice if they took the fundamentals of Hunters and made a sort of basic multiplayer (essentially a Hunters DS but with better graphics) and brought up a bells and whistles Hunters Wii game later down the line that really spruced the game up.

I just don't want them to forget the single player in Prime 3. Halo 2 was ruined as it felt Bungie thought "nah, nobody plays single player so lets focus on multiplayer wtfroffles". Traditional Metroid games have always been about excellent stories and single player modes.

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I would agree with you but I think Prime 3 will already be like hunters pertaining to online play(Hoping they bring back some of those characters)...Hunters online play is cool by the way(haven't played it much)

Single mode is a must score for MP:C.....example is hunters...the single player was boring. I do not think they will let that happen to this Prime though since it being a major console release.

I have no beef with MP:C at this time...this and zelda are the only games that I really want for the Wii.

Bless