Metroid Prime Hunters

Discussion in 'Games' started by buffalo, Dec 2, 2006.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

Quick question,
    I'm thinking about buying Metroid mostly for the multiplayer online. Are there still plenty of people still playing Metroid online making it easy to connect with opponents? I was looking at the Gaming Hub, but it doesn't show the number of players that connect to Metroid, like Mario Kart's does.

Would you suggest this mostly for mulitplayer? I've never played the Metroid series before, so is it good for a FPS? Also, I'm also considering Tetris, so if you had to pick one would you take?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Next weekend we're rewiring our network from scratch. I can't really go online with my DS Lite at the moment due to the distance from the wireless router. But in 7 lovely days I'll be 3' from the Wireless router. BAM I'll be on all the time mate. So you'll have at least 1 opponent :) Get Metroid, it's a blast even in single player or just against bots. Tetris is great too. I recall using Tetris after a fair few Metroid games, nice way to chill out.

Just get 42 All Time Classics :D

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Funny thing, when I first got my DS a few weeks ago I got Metroid and Tetris. I ended up returning Metroid for Trauma Center but not because I didn't like Metroid. It was wasn't what I was looking for in a DS game (something I can play just on occasion and not be lost when I come back to the game). Tetris is a blast. All the play modes are fun.

Lethal

4. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you mean Clubhouse Games (might have a different name in the UK)?

5. turbodub macrumors regular

I actually have a copy of metriod prime hunters that I'm looking to sell. I pre-ordered the game, but I really just don't like FPS. I got caught up in the hype and bought it anyway, and now I never play it. Interested? It has all the original manuals, box, etc. Let me know...(turbodub_6@hotmail.com)

6. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

It does indeed have a different name.

And count me as another person who would like to play some decent online play!

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Holidays are upon us so I can imagine a fair few MR games online :) I've got-

42 classic games/clubhouse games
    Mario kart
    Metroid Hunters
    Tony Hawks Skateland (probably the only one)
    Tetris
    Animal Crossing (MR PARTY!)
    Final Fantasy 3

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

metroid prime: hunters is a very good and capable fps, especially for a handheld. while the multiplayer is the main reason i play, i still find the single player adventure to be really deep and engaging. i think it's a great game overall and is one of my favorite ds titles to date.

9. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I didn't see any copies when I was at Best Buy last weekend, but when I find one I'll buy it.

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Tetris FTW!!!

Metroid Prime Hunters was "OK" for multiplayer. As a single played Metroid game it kinda sucked. The other Prime games for GameCube are absolutely fantastic, though.