METROID voice chat?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tymmz, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I'm thinking about getting Metroid for my DS end was wondering how good the voice chat works.

Is it easy to control the character?

-cheers

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

voice chat is simple. on a friends match just hold X during the setup and bam, talk away. like a walky talky.

Very easy to control. D-Pad is movement, touchscreen is look, shoulder button is shoot. some buttons on the touch screen but thats pretty much it. double tap screen to jump.

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I was also worried about the controls. I checked metroid out in the store and can't seem to get used to the controls. I hope the voice chat gets incorporated into a lot of other DS games. I think it is one of the coolest parts about xbox 360.

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Coolest parts about Xbox 360? Huh?

If you don't want to use the stylus, you can also configure the controls to just use the D-Pad and the ABXY buttons. You lose a little flexibility and reaction time, but it's not bad.

Voice chat, as has been said, is a snap.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I think there're up to four changable controls for the Metroid so you see which is best for you.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

IIRC the Metroid voice chat is only on the setup screen, not in game. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam has in game voice chat according to Reggie Fils-Aime (he said so at the E3 Press Conference, heard it myself).

7. Tymmz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tymmz

thanks. If the voice chat is not available while playing than I am probably going to stick with mario kart. Don't know yet.

8. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Play Metroid at a store and see if you like it.

If, within five minutes, you can't seem to get into the 'action' - don't bother. It doesn't change. There aren't any really cool enemies to fight or anything. It's big, empty levels with the annoying inclusion of a 'deathmatch' with one of the hunters during the level. That, and giant, phallic boss-battles that for some reason trigger a 'self-destruct' that doesn't really 'self-destruct'.

Sounds strange? It is.

The multiplayer is 'meh'. It's a watered-down version of 'Quake 3: Arena', and the voice-chat only works with your friends in the lobby.

I'd say, stick with 'Mario Kart'. You're not missing out on anything special here.

9. MS bulldog macrumors regular

im really enjoying metroid prime hunters. mario kart ds was great also, but the snaking during the online racing really sucked the fun out of it for me. being forced to snake the whole track to win just blew it for me. the single player was fun, but in the end it was sold. maybe i'll get it again when i play my way through the backlog of ds games.