Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Your 7th post and this is it? :rolleyes:

What does it matter, anyway?

Here's to the Crazy Ones

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Simplistic said:
It doesn't matter. That's not the point. Just asking. And I'm bored...
don't worry, Lacero's just echoing edesignuk's first comment in this thread (asking whether there were any gay people at this forum)
btw, lacero edesignuk didn't italicize "is it" and he flipped the two clauses in the 2nd sentence.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Simplistic said:
It doesn't matter. That's not the point. Just asking. And I'm bored...
sorry if i come off sounding like a jerk, i dont mean to at all,

and indeed, Welcome to the forums

i just dont understand the need to ask this question i guess, but thats probably because im a ditz (and proud of it too)

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Simplistic

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I used to be in the closet about it. It was so annoying. Whenever I'd do something dainty I'd get weird looks from my parents. Eventually they stopped caring and I was tweasing my eyebrows without a care in the world!

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
I don't believe I am.

I'm not terribly liberal.
I'm not really into fashion (though I have my own eccentricities).
I would hope I have a reasonable sense of taste.
I am hetero, however.

Simplistic

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I like the attention I get from being the way I am. Like, I have this attitude that is like, "Hey, ladies. I look good and I don't even know it... or do I?" So the girls think, "Hmm, that guy looks good, but he doesn't look too full of himself. Let me go talk to him." It's good.

Right on, jew. I don't drink nor smoke. I hate drinking and smoking would only be cool if it didn't have the nasty side affects.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Metrosexual or just RICH!?

there's a difference between dressing metrosexuals and dressing upper-society east coast style (a la ultra preppy). I go ultra preppy alot and manytime follow GQ's rules of fashion, but I don't consider myself a metrosexual... a bit of an elitest fashion wise maybe, but definately not a metrosexual. I think all men should shower at least once every 48 hours, use soap while doing so, keep their finger and toe nails neatly trimmed, wear clean non-smelly shirts, and occassionally hit the gym or run to keep in good shape.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
carbonmotion said:
I think all men should shower at least once every 48 hours, use soap while doing so, keep their finger and toe nails neatly trimmed, wear clean non-smelly shirt ...

Glad to see that the personal hygiene bar has not been raised to an unattainably high level. The folks at Proctor & Gamble will be relieved to know that soap sales are likely to continue for the forseeable future. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
mad jew said:
I wear collared shirts and I don't drink beer...

That doesn't make you a metrosexual. That makes you boring. :p You fit the description of my history teachers. :p

carbonmotion said:
there's a difference between dressing metrosexuals and dressing upper-society east coast style (a la ultra preppy). I go ultra preppy alot and manytime follow GQ's rules of fashion, but I don't consider myself a metrosexual...

Haha, there are rules? That's so ghey, OFMGLOLZ!!!1!eleven!!

And you're right about not being a metrosexual. You could be a well-dressed, queer-eye type of guy, but if you're not shaving your body hair and don't spend $20 on a small bottle of face soap, then you're probably not metrosexual. You probably just try very hard. ;)

I think all men should shower at least once every 48 hours, use soap while doing so.....

Why are the standards so high around here? Should I start posting at DellRumors? :(

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Abstract said:
Why are the standards so high around here? Should I start posting at DellRumors? :(

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be room for non-Gay, non-Metro individuals at MR into the conceivable future. I mean, at least until Apple closes its doors down for good next year. :eek: ;) :D

And as for DellRumors, you might have to shower a *lot* less to fit in!! :D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
A real metrosexual would NEVER post in a thread about metrosexuality.

With the exception of myself, of course, since I only posted to point out the frivolity of such a thread subject. Don't hate me because I am right, you know I am right. YOU WANNABE METROSEXUALS!

Here's to the Crazy Ones

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Lacero said:
A real metrosexual would NEVER post in a thread about metrosexuality.

Real metrosexuals post in pink, not black, not white. :)

As pink is so hard to read on these boards, most metrosexuals seem to leave or be forgotten about soon after registering.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I dont know what I am. a blend of country boy and metrosexual perhaps? god knows. I dont drink, i like outdoor activities, i like fashion, i like to be clean, smell nice etc, im very eccentric. i'm my own style i suppose.

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Most metrosexuals I know or at least what I picture one to be are jackasses.

Simplistic, are you a jackass? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.