MGS4 On 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by greatdevourer, Dec 19, 2005.

1. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Who here saw the 1Up Show or read the interview with Kirojima about MGS? Anyone else think that they're going to actually make it?

2. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I read it. I don't think they will. At least not at first. Its a PS3 exclusive. I would be interested to see if the 360 hardware could handle it.

3. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, Kirojima said that they could definatly do it in 720p on the 360, even if not the 1080p that Sony want - with the PS3 and the 360, the hardware is so close that there is little to choose between them

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    PS3 won't run on the 360 like it would on the PS3. It just won't. Ever play MGS 2 on the Xbox? It was slow, and horrible controls compared to the PS 2 version.

MGS 3 was the best so far (MGS was also just amazing), let's hope MGS 4 will be even better. From what I read, Snake finds himself not fighting a single threat, but this time is in the middle of two warring nations. It should be awesome!

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Sorry for taking this thread a little off-topic; but not having tried MGS3, how did it compare to MGS2? I have to say I loved the original, bought MGS2 with high hopes, and hated it.

It seemed that (Beep beep...Snake!) every time (Beep beep.. Snake!) you tried to (Beep beep.. Snake!) go anywhere you (Beep beep.. Snake!) are continually (Beep beep.. Snake!) interrupted by that message screen. IT'S. REALLY. ANNOYING. Until you die.. (Snaaake! Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!) And then there are the lengthy cutscenes (one of them near the end I seem to remember was almost 20 minutes long?!?) Many of which can't be skipped.

Not to mention Snake's entire dialogue seemed to consist of repeating the words of whom he's talking to..

'You've got to stop the missile'
    Snake - 'The missile?'
    'You have to get to the silo before X does'
    Snake - 'The silo?'
    'He'll be there in 10 minutes'
    Snake - 'Ten minutes?'

Aaaaaaah! :eek:

Is MGS3 similar?

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

No, lmao. You're description is too funny (because it's true)

MGS 3 takes place when the original Snake is in Russia trying to stop the original metal gear (he later ebcomes Solidus).

There are some new features, such as gathering info from guards. You can hold them with a knife to their throat, and demand information. SOme information will give you access to an emergency channel (for that particular area) that will have the enemies assault team fire bomb the area, killing all of their comrades) or they'll give you a radio frequency that will actually heal you if listened to (because it has groovy surfer music).

The bosses are superior to the ones in the 2nd, and although the technology is not as good, the enemies are a pain in the ass.

Each BOSS has different talents and strategies, as usual. But taking them down with tranquelizers will allow you to steal their camoflauge suits. This helpful in mroe ways than one.

When you begin the game, it will ask if you like MGS 1 or 2. Pick 2, this will help you way late4r in the game by giving a special camoflauge that will be explained later on.

Eating food and curing injuries/poisons is also a HUGE part of the game. It's so in depth, it's crazy. It's hard to get use to at first, but SOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome once you do. If you get posioned, go intot he menu where you can examine snake. Make his 3D model spin around for about 60 seconds, then quickly exit out and he'll vomit, expunging the posion from hsi stomaach, lmao.

MGS 3 was the best game (waaaaaaaaay better than halo 2) of last year. Get it, play it, love it.

Oh, and look for all the frogs (they are everywhere) shoot each one three times and something special happens (what that is I don't know, I've never been able to get them all).

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i'm thinking if they do that then PS3 lose an exclusive and i dont think sony will be happy with that.

how was MGS on the Xbox...was the graphics better?

Bless

8. greatdevourer thread starter macrumors 68000

On the subject of the cutscenes, on the origional MGS, Cube counted the words of some of them to be multiple thousands :p

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hope 4 is better than 3. I liked MGS3, just barely. It has no where near the amount of brilliantness that MGS1 has. 2 was just utter tripe for me.

4 will end up on the 360. From all these developers leaving the PS3's nest I can imagine Konami shifting this game onto the 360/Rev to get more sales (more developers=more machine sales, usually). Whether or not its downported, its irrelevant. it will hit other machines.
    sure I read somewhere that 3 was coming out on the Xbox. if not already. I don't really keep my ear to the ground as much these days.

10. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Appreciate the info Onizuka! I should be able to pick it up here second-hand, will fill in the Christmas break nicely. :)

Now, whether to get the PS2 or Xbox version...

11. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

Onizuka, the Snake you play as MGS3 ends up being the Big Boss whose remains Liquid includes in his demands in MGS, not Solidus. Solidus is the third clone of Big Boss after Solid Snake (David) and Liquid, and arguably the lamest. Sorry, I'm a stickler for my MGS history.

Also, I got the impression that Kojima currently had no plans to port MGS4 to the 360, he was just illustrating that the hardware in both systems is very comparable. He's quoted as saying he's satisfied with his deal with Sony. And even though the 360 has drawn more developers than its predecessor, the 360 is still lacking in good Japanese developers. The 360 launch in Japan was worse than the original Xbox's.

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

GAH! You are most correct on the Big Boss thing. Very sorry for the lack of memory in that post. How could I screw that up?! *eats own hair*

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

as long as rayden(Sp) dont have a big part in MGS4 im good. he sucked...an old rayden...eww

Bless

14. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Totally agree Raiden was the biggest mistake ever, Hopefully we will see MGS4 on as many platforms as possible as it is sure to be a great game and should be played by as many people as possible,

Shadow

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I don't buy this exclusivity bull crap anymore from capcom or konami. How many times in that generation did sony/nintendo/microsoft announce a game as an exclusive and then 6 months or so later what do you now, it's now available on another system.

I think the biggest point about MGS4 announcement is not that it is or is not coming to the 360, but the fact that it could and the differences would be negligable.

This puts more creedance on the fact that any of the claims that the PS3 will be far more powerful than the 360 is just as much hocum as when they launched after the dreamcast.

Does anyone remember Ready To Rumble 2 on the Dreamcast and PS2 launch. Sony claimed that Ready to Rumble would be far better graphically than the Dreamcast version, but magazines ran huge previews stating the same regurgitated ********e and low and behold the game launchs and there's no difference at all.

It's the exact same marketing that Sony are pulling out against the 360. It's nice to see a developer/game designer to admit for a change that this is rubbish.

We are never ever going to see realtime graphics like the Killzone video on the 360 or PS3. I remember the demo videos Sony came out with prior to the Ps2 and developers still havent got anywhere near their quality after 5 years. Ps3 will be the same.

TigerWoods, Burnout, Madden & Fifa are all going to look the same pretty much no matter which console you plump for.

:rolleyes:

16. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

That's what exclusive normally means, that it is only on a certain console for a set period of time (like RE4 on the cube) when a console maker bribes the developer (Sony is the king of this). Only first party titles are normally true exclusives (or you can just buy studios like MS does to get more first party titles).

I've heard that MGS3 never made it to the Xbox since the developers hated how MGS2 turned out and how difficult it was to port... giving the PS2 a true exclusive by the developer's choice.